Post by djprescott »

Is this restaurant open all year round?
Cheers.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Taste

Post by logicbob »

Most of the time, but I do believe that they are taking some time off for a holiday, and boy do they deserve it.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Thanks logicbob, will give it a go next time we are out in cvo.
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

I agree as it always seems to be open. It certainly was over New Year when plenty seem to be closed. I'm pleased they are faring well as it's so close to our villa. so easy to get puddled and still stagger home. :lol: :lol: :lol: they were also do steak nights, although we have not been. I do have to say we love primavera too. Need to choose this new years eve venue. Toss up between those fwo. So whose up for NYE 2012 fun? :D
tastecarveoiro
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

60`s Party! Christmas & New Year Menus!

Post by tastecarveoiro »

Hi everybody! Just to let you know taht we will have a 60`s Party on THURSDAY 01.11.12 with MANDY DAVIES singing Oldeis fromthat time and a set 3 course menu for 20,-€ p.p. incl a welcome drink! Few tables left so better book :D We also have the menus for Christmas Day 25.12. and New Years Eve 31.12. done, we do a 4 course meal 49,-€ p.p.. For more info call us 00351-969577644 or mail to tastecarvoeiro@hotmail.com. We will closed only 05.11.-20.11.12 incl for some vacation and then from 10.01.13 3 weeks...
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: 60`s Party! Christmas & New Year Menus!

Post by sunman »

tastecarveoiro wrote:Hi everybody! Just to let you know taht we will have a 60`s Party on THURSDAY 01.11.12 with MANDY DAVIES singing Oldeis fromthat time and a set 3 course menu for 20,-€ p.p. incl a welcome drink! Few tables left so better book :D We also have the menus for Christmas Day 25.12. and New Years Eve 31.12. done, we do a 4 course meal 49,-€ p.p.. For more info call us 00351-969577644 or mail to tastecarvoeiro@hotmail.com. We will closed only 05.11.-20.11.12 incl for some vacation and then from 10.01.13 3 weeks...
we were looking forward to visiting Taste before we went home after all the great write ups here; went there tonight, Tuesday 30th, very disappointed to find you closed despite the holiday dates described above, went to Jota Lita instead and had a very nice meal :?
ditzy
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ditzy »

sunman wrote:
tastecarveoiro wrote:Hi everybody! Just to let you know taht we will have a 60`s Party on THURSDAY 01.11.12 with MANDY DAVIES singing Oldeis fromthat time and a set 3 course menu for 20,-€ p.p. incl a welcome drink! Few tables left so better book :D We also have the menus for Christmas Day 25.12. and New Years Eve 31.12. done, we do a 4 course meal 49,-€ p.p.. For more info call us 00351-969577644 or mail to tastecarvoeiro@hotmail.com. We will closed only 05.11.-20.11.12 incl for some vacation and then from 10.01.13 3 weeks...
we were looking forward to visiting Taste before we went home after all the great write ups here; went there tonight, Tuesday 30th, very disappointed to find you closed despite the holiday dates described above, went to Jota Lita instead and had a very nice meal :?
Sunman they close on Tuesdays (but I'm guessing you know this now :? )
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

ditzy wrote:
sunman wrote:
Sunman they close on Tuesdays (but I'm guessing you know this now :? )
yep, worked that one out :)
tastecarveoiro
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by tastecarveoiro »

sunman wrote:
Well, we are sorry you came on a Tuesday and found us closed :-( but it is our regular day off so we didn t mention it above... Hope you ll give us a try next time you around!

Here s a full schedule for info:

Mon, Wed-Fri 12.30H-22.30H
Sat & Sun from 16H
TUESDAYS CLOSED (Except July & August)
tastecarveoiro
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by tastecarveoiro »

Hi everybody!
Before we go off for 2 weeks vacation here s our programme for the next weeks :D :

Thursday, 22.11. LIVE MUSIC Ze Manel Martins (plus guitar)
Thursday, 29.11. LIVE MUSIC Andy Mac (plus saxophone)
Thursday, 06.12. Special 3 course menu 20,-€ p.p. & LIVE MUSIC with Mandy Davies
Sunday, 09.12. CHRISTMAS Market & LIVE MUSIC with Veronica (plus guitar) 13H-18H
Thursday, 13.12. LIVE MUSIC Ze Manel Martins (plus guitar)
Sunday, 16.12. CHRISTMAS Market & LIVE MUSIC with Mandy Davies 13H-18H
Thursday, 20.12. LIVE MUSIC Andy Mac (plus saxophone)
Monday, 24.12. open only for dinner, A LA CARTE
Tuesday, 25.12. open only for dinner, 3 course Menu 49,-€ p.p.
Thursday, 27.12. LIVE MUSIC Mandy Davies
Monday, 31.12. open only for dinner, 3 course menu 49,-€ p.p.
Tuesday, 01.01.13 closed
Thursday, 03.01. LIVE MUSIC & special menu 20,-€ p.p.
Valentines Day, 14.02. special menu 25,-€ p.p. and LIVE MUSIC with Bradley OConnor

On Saturdays we always have "STEAK NIGHT", a Rib Eye steak with 2 different sauce, salad & Chips for 15,-€ (in addition to the regular menu).
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

now that's what I call free advertiseing
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

cumbria sue wrote:now that's what I call free advertiseing
and why not, it's a very comprehensive answer to original post - up to 14th Feb.

(if I was naughty I would ask what they are doing for St Patricks Day and Taste could reply with another comprehensive answer,up to Easter :) )
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

I agree with Sue, I think this use of the forum as free advertising for restaurants is wrong and should be stopped.
Nothing against the restaurants involved, they are just jumping on a bandwaggon that Ma-Jas was allowed to start.

Maybe Steen could start up a "Restaurant specials" section,on the front page, for which a small charge would be levied.

I remember when Kteee was moderating she used to get really arsey with people "fly-posting"
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Bruce Wallis wrote:I agree with Sue, I think this use of the forum as free advertising for restaurants is wrong and should be stopped.
Nothing against the restaurants involved, they are just jumping on a bandwaggon that Ma-Jas was allowed to start.

Maybe Steen could start up a "Restaurant specials" section,on the front page, for which a small charge would be levied.

I remember when Kteee was moderating she used to get really arsey with people "fly-posting"
Rascals ? :oops: :oops: :oops:
ron5000
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ron5000 »

What a load of old tosh. If I want to see what is going on locally food wise I go to this review and get information. Good luck to the restaurants that bother to inform us.
Why on earth do you have to jump on the old free advertising bandwagon, why is it a problem for you