Taste

tastecarveoiro
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

CHRISTMAS MARKET

Post by tastecarveoiro »

Hi everybody,

just to let you know that we do a Christmas market on all Sundays before Christmas between 13H-18H with Live music, children entertainment, little gift fair, mulled wine, delicious Tapas & cakes, etc. Just pass by, it is an afternoon well spend :-)
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Taste

Post by dennisg »

We ate there recently and to be honest were a little disappointed. They had live music and were quite busy, which may account for the slow service. This may also account for the fact that they did not have my choice of menu, which was baccalau. Instead, I had a fish dish which I thought was quite expensive, more than I have paid for similar dishes elsewhere in CVO. The food was not hot which may be accounted for by the fact that it appears to be cooked in the basement and by the time it reached us upstairs it was almost cold. On the plus side, the only restaurant in CVO to have proper soup spoons - everyone else seems to supply serving spoons which don't fit in my dainty mouth. The best dish on the menu was undoubtedly Nicola herself who is quite delightful, so we might give it another try next time.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

We ate here last night it was a special night a set menu for 18 euros with live music. The food was out of this world and the service was very fast even with a full house. Another value for money meal. Well done.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

logicbob wrote:We ate here last night it was a special night a set menu for 18 euros with live music. The food was out of this world and the service was very fast even with a full house. Another value for money meal. Well done.
now that is interesting. When you say set menu logicbob do you mean starter, main course and desert? Did they give you any indication if this is going to be a regular Thursday feature until the tourist season starts or was it a once off?
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

Yes three courses plus a taster dish of stuffed date with goats cheese wrapped in bacon absolutely delicious. He does them every now and again not sure of the timing.
pointersister
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pointersister »

Definitely have to try this one. Thanks for recommendation. Be there in April. :D
tastecarveoiro
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by tastecarveoiro »

Hi there :D! We do the 3 course menu with live music on every first Thursday of the month (except July & August) . The next one will be on 05. APRIL. For bookings please cal Ciprian TLM 00351-969 577 644.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

We liked it so much that we went here on our last night. Talking with Ciprian he uses some of the smoked products from The Smokehouse we had the Carpaccio of tuna and it was out of this world. Can not wait for our next visit.
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

We had a meal there on NYE. The unfortunate thing for us was we were so tired we had to leave before midnight. maybe next year! I would certainly recommend. It was a lovely meal, albeit a little slow, but they were busy so don't let that put you off. I will recommend to rental visitors too. :D
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Had two meals with friends and family at this restaurant, what good, friendly service and excellent food. Will def put this back on our list of places to go. Well done Taste.
Gaynor n Gary :D
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Enjoyed the Tapas at Taste last Friday night after sundowners at Licy's. The calamari were excellent & the house wine very inexpensive.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Went back to Taste last night. 8 tapas dishes 2 bottles of house vino & water. €75 for 4 ............delicious !
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

We have been twice in the past week, fantastic as always.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

We had lunch at TASTE today with Mr&Mrs Widge.

It was excellent. Light, tasty and varied, with a very nice bottle of white housewine.

Because I am an awkward non shellfish and non- cheese-eater, and only for that reason......may I suggest the addition of a couple of items to an already good menu?

1) There is a Portuguese sausage dish that would sit very well in the TASTE repertoire. Chorizo or sausage cooked over a dish of flaming Agua Dente, (local firewater brandy) on a special small earthenware dish with slats cross it.
2) Some small spicy meatballs in a thick tomato sauce.

Taste is the ideal place for a long leisurely lunch or supper with friends.

I wish Taste well. Like the Widge....we will be back.
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

praise indeed Mr Wallis. I think Taste has become the Widges favorite eatery. :D See you all soon. :D