Restaurante Casa Lamy

Dirk
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Restaurante Casa Lamy

Post by Dirk »

We visited this restuaurante and we were delighted, the food is so good. Do try it. the grilled fish has a sea flavour enbelievel. The garlic shrimps were fantastic. We were very surprised as they have a great variety of Algarve wines. The deserted, almond tarte and orange rool they are a delicious grand mother recipy .The views are fantastic as the CASA LAMY is placed right in front of BENAGIL beach.
Have a great holidays

DIRK
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Restaurante Casa Lamy

Post by roy4eyes »

Keep it up and the deserted almond tart and orange rool may get some takers.

Much better to get an independent review :roll:
Furka
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Furka »

Have you visited the recent website ?
Click here: http://www.casalamy.com and leave your review in tripadvisor also.

Thanks.
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Alison »

As a regular visitor to cvo and definitely an independent reviewer (!), I can vouch for Casa Lamy as one of our favourite restaurants when we are out. Run by Aurora and her family the simple grilled fish of the day is always delicious and the shrimp curry a favourite. I can never understand why they don't advertise their desserts/cakes better - they are hidden away in the fridge inside - as they are yummy - from orange or lemon roulade to fig tart, carob cake, ...... One of our favourite short walks is from Marinha beach to Benagil and back, with lunch or refreshment at Casa Lamy to keep you going in the middle.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

I am sure the food is good at Casa Lamy, its the getting served that is the problem.
The lady who seems to run the restaurant has been quite rude to us in the past and seems to ignore customers unless they are part of a big group. The last time we were there, we asked her for another drink and she said ' we would have to wait our turn' and didn't bother coming back to us. and it was a quiet time of year. We are not particularly fussy but my husband has said he will never go back to this restaurant no matter what.
gamalpass
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by gamalpass »

Just back from a 2 week holiday again in Carvoeiro. Had such a wonderful lunch there we went back for dinner on our last night. My husband had the shrimp curry on both occasions and said it was absolutely delicious. The waiter was very friendly and answered all our questions - no problem. I can recommend the prawn soup! Will definitely visit there again when we are next back.