27%
9%

Total votes: 22

shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

O Patio

Post by shanagarry »

It was Euro 130 for 4 of us - which included 4 bottles of good wine. No complaints.
iane
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by iane »

Are these the same people who are "complaining" about rising prices (which led to my piece in chit chat about economics etc) ???

I know Im a cheapskate but for three of us to "go through the card" in Algoz at a decent place I would "blanch a bit" at much above 40€ between us.
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

O Patio

Post by shanagarry »

If you read the post properly you will see that I said ' NO COMPLAINTS' and that remains the case.

Incidentally, I did read the piece you posted in Chit-Chat which you must have written after one of your meals in Algoz or is the air there?
iane
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by iane »

Not wishing to be pedantic but if you read MY post properly it refers in the plural (other references to the apparently quite high prices in this restaurant) not merely to a single observation.

Beyond that Im not quite clear what you mean by "or is the air there" ?
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

Iane

I think the phrase should read "or is it the air there".

We have friends at Algoz and eat there several times a year. The restaurants are certainly cheaper there but Carvoeiro is a tourist village and prices in the shops and restaurants are pitched accordingly. As residents we are very selective about which restaurants we use in CVO. Out of season it is interesting to see which have many customers in them. In the season of course they are all full.
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Patio

Post by shanagarry »

We are semi-resident and are also selective about the restaurants we use. In or out of season we remain loyal to those that offer the best value and ambience - O Patio features highly on our choice list. Price plays no part in our selection process.

I have never been to Algoz in my 18 years in Cvo - so cannot 'complain' about another's choice of eating establishments or even try to comment.

Steve, your observation was right - my typo :roll:
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

Im in a quandry over this one :? Looking back to my post last year I sleighted O'Patio somewhat re: prices..and I wasn't overwhelmed by the food as I've eaten as well in Lagoa/ other resorts for much lower..but as you say O.Ps position bumps it up !
The thing is...I've been invited to lunch on Sat.21st this month at guess where? :oops:
About how much is a simple meal with drink at O.Ps? Im a little peturbed as I don't want to take liberties with my hosts wallet! :shock:....ellie
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

O Patio

Post by shanagarry »

Ellie

Stop worrying about the price - just go and enjoy it :D
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

Okay shannagary (who am I talking to..are you 1 or a couple?being nosey like :) )..
Ill do as you say..and simply enjoy!
I don't usually eat a lot lunchtimes..so Ill keep it simple! :wink:
and I promise to be fair on my comments afterwards okay ? :)
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

O Patio

Post by shanagarry »

Ellie

You are not paying - so have a great time. Joao, Jorge and Elidio will look after you - I promise.

I am me on my ownsome back in the UK while management is having a great time in Cvo and going to Patio tonight - I am told :D
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

Shanagarry
Just a bit puzzled how you judge value without price playing any part in the process but willing to be enlightened. For me the value for money criterion is devised from a mix of quality and price.
Mike,Chislehurst
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike,Chislehurst »

Now I can't comment on the restaurant as I've not eaten there for sometime mainly after looking at the menu prices which are very toppy!! However, many years ago I went there with a few mates and ordered vegetable soup as a starter. It turned up as a pea soup. Now I thought a vegetable soup would be classed as mixed vegetable but no and after complaints, carried on with it. Now the point I'm trying to make here is that if you order vegetable soup, do you ask "what" vegetable or expect a mix? Be interested in replies on this one.
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

O Patio

Post by shanagarry »

Fortunately, in life we are all different - we all have our preferences and choose accordingly. Our own decision criteria, is exactly that and if that does not sit comfortably with others - tough.

My choice of restaurant, in this instance, is based on many years of experience (8-9 years) where I/we have patronised it and been satisfied overall. We have had, to my best recollection, two meals that were not up to the usual standard and we told them so - in a constructive manner.

The reason I say 'to my best recollection' is due to the way they responded - which is typical of them - real Portuguese politeness and courtesy. That incident happened in 2001 and from that date to this we have never had occasion to complain.

Steve, you can put all your theory about price and quality back into the text book they were extracted from and base your judgement on experience - their is no real substitute.
Jekyl & Hyde

Post by Jekyl & Hyde »

So you go into O'Patio and have a meal for 2 and it's 130euros, and you say 'great, that's good value 'cos I like the place, and the food, and that's all that matters''
Then you go back in two weeks and you have the same meal, and the bill is now 1300 euros, or even 13000 euros, and you're going to say 'great, cos money doesn't matter'
Hope the guy from O'Patio is reading this thread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
digger
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by digger »

Mike,Chislehurst wrote:..... Now the point I'm trying to make here is that if you order vegetable soup, do you ask "what" vegetable or expect a mix? Be interested in replies on this one.
You can always expect the unexpected especially in Portugal :wink: