14%
27%
9%

Total votes: 22

minx
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by minx »

In reference to the Jekyl & Hyde boys post,I was scrolling back to very first post,the person who put the topic on and see that it reads *owner*!
That it was also a *guest*. So could this be the owner of O'Patio tapping away on his keyboard in the back room of his restaurant?
Just a thought :twisted:
Oh and why is it members only on here now? Seems a bit unfair on people who just want to pop in on here and post comment on what and where they've eaten?
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by shanagarry »

Replying to 'Jekyl & Hyde's post - s/he has clearly missed the point - freedom of choice is, for the time being still something that is available to us all.

If I feel that the price I am being asked to pay in O Patio is fair at whatever level and I am prepared to pay it - so be it. I do happen to believe that I get value for money and I will continue to patronise the establishment until such time as that situation may change.

I also take the view that and this just a maybe - that the pricing is designed to keep out the 'whingers & moaners' and to that end they appear to be doing a great job.

My wife and two of her friends ate there last evening and I am delighted to reveal to all the sceptics that the quality of the food and the ambience was only surpassed by the level of attentiveness and service they received - but then that was what they expected :D
digger
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by digger »

minx wrote: Oh and why is it members only on here now? Seems a bit unfair on people who just want to pop in on here and post comment on what and where they've eaten?
I think it has alway said "only registered users are allowed to vote and post"
but should read "only registered users are allowed to vote"
and I guess the reason for that is to prevent punters voting twice :wink:
Jekyl & Hyde

Post by Jekyl & Hyde »

steve wrote:Shanagarry
Just a bit puzzled how you judge value without price playing any part in the process but willing to be enlightened. For me the value for money criterion is devised from a mix of quality and price.
Seems to me Shangarry agrees with you after all

'If I feel that the price I am being asked to pay in O Patio is fair at whatever level and I am prepared to pay it - so be it. I do happen to believe that I get value for money and I will continue to patronise the establishment until such time as that situation may change'
loretta
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by loretta »

Shanagarry wrote;

I also take the view that and this just a maybe - that the pricing is designed to keep out the 'whingers & moaners' and to that end they appear to be doing a great job

Or do they take the view that a fool and his money is soon parted.
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

Shanagarry
Nice to see that you do have regard to price despite your earlier remark even if your arguments defy logic.
I have to say that I think your reference to text books was a bit uncalled for. I have been a villa owner here for over 20 years before living here permanently and I assure you that my views as to which restaurants I prefer are firmly based on personal experience. I would not however dismiss text books too readily if I were you because they might help an understanding of the correct uses of "there" and "their".
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

O Patio

Post by shanagarry »

Loretta - it means I have a choice where and how to part with my money. Your use of the word 'Fool' shows your woeful lack of understanding.
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

O Patio

Post by shanagarry »

Steve - I am not too sure who is confusing who here? Price plays absolutely no part in my choice of restaurant - that point I felt I made very early on in this exchange but hopefully now that should clear up that misunderstanding.

I do not need a text book to understand the difference between 'their' and 'there'- and if I mis-spelled in one of my hurried replies - my apologies to the reader.

I must rush now and get on with my life to avoid getting further embroiled in this futile waste of time.
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

How you can assess value without putting price somewhere in the equation defies logic but like you I have a life and will now let the matter go.
Jeff
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

O Patio

Post by Jeff »

:cry: 90 euros for 2 people :!:Yes the food was good but the same quality could be had for half the price inland. You're paying for the location :shock: