Tia Ilda

widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Tia Ilda

Post by widge »

Had supper here on Wednesday and have to report the food was dire. Monkfish kebab with stale fish, badly washed and prepared tiger prawns and raw onions.
Have known the waiter for 6 years and the service is fine - but the quality of the raw materials leaves much to be desired.
Final bill for two kebabs, one couvert, one salad and a bottle of wine ; oh and two coffees €80.00.

Steer clear!!!!!
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by Bruce Wallis »

WOW!!!!!

We have used Tia Ilda for about 7 years, and have always found it excellent and reasonably priced.

I wonder why this radical change?? A change of ownership???
Bristle Si

Post by Bristle Si »

We haven't visited Tia Ilda for a few visits to CVO - overpriced in our opinion for what you get - nice view on an evening and service is fine, but pretty ordinary food - there are better value restaurants in CVO.
Cook Family
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cook Family »

We've always enjoyed our meals there and on our last trip, in August, had a great meal one evening (husband is a fan of the Dracula kebab) and went back a few days later for another - or so we thought....

In fact, the Maitre D' chap was so rude to us that we walked out before eating. He treated us (two forty somethings and two kids) like naughty schoolchildren for daring to sit at the table that his waiter had actually seated us at - apparently it had already been reserved - and he shouted at us to move, in front of all the other diners! I normally wouldn't make a fuss, but this was humiliating and I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of staying to eat and then paying for being told off - so off we flounced....to find everywhere else was full!

Not sure I'll bother trying it again when there's many places we haven't eaten at yet.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

Our experience of this place reflects comments a bit like Cook Family - had great meals in there but every now and then you feel like you're not wanted. Shame really 'cos the food is normally pretty good.
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

I echo the Cook family and Hampshire. Food Ok to good, but sometimes made to feel that you are an inconvenience. Will only go there if we can get a table overlooking the sea.
Shame, we loved it there when the previous owners were there. Always friendly and helpful. My son once ordered a soft drink, and they had run out - did they say so, no, the waiter nipped down the shop and bought a bottle.
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

I spoke about this resturant last Sept. Food was ok but overpriced for what we were served. When querying the bill, as it was rediculously high, he smiled and siad " my boss says you pay for the view " This resturant will never again have my business.
Gaynor :twisted:
joanne
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joanne »

They are the same Owners, def not been sold, we use it a lot, BUT, we have the Pizzas which are very, very good, lots of the other things are very overpriced, so we go there when we want a nice Pizza and View, they have always been very nice to us and they remember the Wine we drink, which I always find nice, so if you do give it another try, have a Pizza, we think they are the best in the Village.
jonboy
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by jonboy »

Meals = average.
Price = just about average.
Service from owner = IMHO very arrogant bordering rude and discourteous
joanne
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joanne »

It is really funny when you hear peoples opinions of places, the owner is really nice we find, his English is not that good, and his wife is really nice as well.
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

Unfortunately, it is often the bad reviews that get on sites like this, so it it is nice to see or post good reviews when deserved.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

I've always thought that Tia Ilda is like Julio's
Great service if you are a regular but not if you arn't :evil:
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

Well - that scuppers their tourist trade!
joanne
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joanne »

Well, it is always full so they must be doing something to please? Still say they are the best Pizzas, the rip of when were in last time was Apple Pie which i was told was really good, but we were charged extra 3 Euros for one blob of ice cream, so the desert was more than my Pizza.......
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by piggywidden93 »

Just have to say my 8 years old son lives his year to eat Tia Ilda Chips. We have been to Carvoeiro for the last 12 years (we stay in the same villa at Clube Atlanico) He has a food phobia and if ever asked for his favourite food he says "tapas" chips. The waiter remembers us every year and the view is amazing. So have to say we think its lovely for a lunch meal, better places for an evening but if it was up to my little boy we'd live there!!!! If the owner is reading this we are over in August and free chips would be great x