Tia Ilda

bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by bruce »

EMM wrote:I agree that there are " wine deals " in the UK but there is a huge difference between the stuff shipped in tankers fron ozz or where ever and bottled somehwere in the UK in a thin glass screw top bottle and the "proper " wine we can still find in Portugal for less than the industrial UK stuff.

Your £4 bottle of UK wine has approx 30% tax plus margins and probably only has a few pence worth of wine in it.
Emm I really don't care about the tax margins or anything else it's the quality and the value of the wine I like !
You can't or don't want to accept that we can buy reasonably good priced wine in the UK :roll:
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

EMM wrote:I agree that there are " wine deals " in the UK but there is a huge difference between the stuff shipped in tankers fron ozz or where ever and bottled somehwere in the UK in a thin glass screw top bottle and the "proper " wine we can still find in Portugal for less than the industrial UK stuff.

Your £4 bottle of UK wine has approx 30% tax plus margins and probably only has a few pence worth of wine in it.
We ignorant commoners bow to your knowledge :D

I'm just off to Tesco for another 3 for £10 bottles of industrial shyte......
Bristle Si

Post by Bristle Si »

bruce wrote:

Emm I really don't care about the tax margins or anything else it's the quality and the value of the wine I like !
You can't or don't want to accept that we can buy reasonably good priced wine in the UK :roll:
Agreed!

There are vast amounts of reasonably tasting wine in UK supermarkets at good prices, and even better value when the offers are on, like buy 6 bottles and get 25% off.

Some of the wine in Portugal and in southern europe generally is Ok but a lot of it would be better suited on the shelves of B&Q amongst the paint strippers!

If you like Rose and like it dry - try the Californian FishEye - usually retails at Sainsburys for around £4.50/bottle.
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

my family and friends ate here last week and were very disappointed by the food ,in fact they said it was terrible
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Agree with you Sue. We've been a few times to Tia Ilda, and sorry but the food was awful. Lovely view but very bland pasta and pizza's
not going again.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

Food was OK last time we went, but the service was extremely slow and the bill was extremely high. Used to be a fan of the place but gone off it now.
Cooler King
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cooler King »

We gave it another go last week after a couple of years, and sorry to report the food still average with a bill that reflected the view only. Don't like posting negative reviews , but with so many excellent options in the village , who don't have the "view" , they deserve our custom more.

Cooler King.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

Looking at the " wine gap ", we saw a 3 ltr box of tanker Aussie Shiraz in our local tesco for over £15.00 ( 16E + ) compared when in PT the equivalent a certificated regional red , a premium wine for E9.00.
We know we can buy others for a lot less .
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by piggywidden93 »

Take care with tia Ilda, we used to go there all the time for lunch year after year, until we decided to go one evening and booked a table with sea view. when we got the menu the price was almost double that of lunch time, (the menu had a sea view sticker on it) asked the lady on the next table if could look at her menu and it was the normal lunch price!!! We complained, to be told it was FOR THE VIEW !! my husband was really annoyed as he was sat with his back to the sea and the lady on the next table (one table in from the edge) had a brilliant view. There were a large family group where the edge of their table had the view, wonder how many of them were paying for a view they didnt have - at least 8 of them. Anyway rant over, but it left a very bad taste (so to speak ), as they were really rude about it too. We also realised the prices on show outside are for if you sit downstairs next to road!!
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

At the risk of being contentious, I can only assume that the owners of this restaurant don't follow the forum? For if they did, surely there would be a plea in mitigation.
hedley
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by hedley »

piggywidden93 wrote:Take care with tia Ilda, we used to go there all the time for lunch year after year, until we decided to go one evening and booked a table with sea view. when we got the menu the price was almost double that of lunch time, (the menu had a sea view sticker on it) asked the lady on the next table if could look at her menu and it was the normal lunch price!!! We complained, to be told it was FOR THE VIEW !! my husband was really annoyed as he was sat with his back to the sea and the lady on the next table (one table in from the edge) had a brilliant view. There were a large family group where the edge of their table had the view, wonder how many of them were paying for a view they didnt have - at least 8 of them. Anyway rant over, but it left a very bad taste (so to speak ), as they were really rude about it too. We also realised the prices on show outside are for if you sit downstairs next to road!!

Never been to this restaurant as it just looks 'too touristy' for me. Based on nothing but my own gut feeling I must add.

The loaded 'sea view' table menu beggars belief !!!!!

Plenty of other favourites to choose from.
zhit
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by zhit »

We use to go to "Tia Ilda" for more than ten years now. There was never anything to complain. The staff is always friendly. The mixed Kebab and the Dracula Kebab are excellent. It is very nice to go there on a warm evening. Tia Ilda has one of the best seaviews.You are able to watch the beach and the square.

:!: But the most important thing is: There does not exist a special "sea-view"-Card, at least not in the months from february till june and from september till november. We had dinner there last week and the week before. We had a table in the so called "first sea-view-row". The price for the menue was exactly the same like inside and the same like it was at lunch time!

:!: If you want to check, this was our bill on june, 17th:
- Salada mista: 5,80 Euro
- Espetada mista (Mixed Kebab): 15,60 Euro
- Frango piripiri: 11,15 Euro
- Red wine (Quinta dos vales, primeira selc.): 16,90 Euro
- Agua c/gas: 3,70 Euro
- White port wine: 4,00 Euro
Cooler King
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cooler King »

I agree with you Zhit, it is overpriced, thanks for confirmation!
zhit
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by zhit »

Perhaps you are right. But remember: You are not obliged to go there. Just stay away to keep the first-row-table free for us! :lol:
Cooler King
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cooler King »

Hey Zhit, you're still my favourite waiter! Next time usual table with beach view?