Tia Ilda

Moderators: kteee, Gambrinus, e-richard

logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: Hertfordshire / Vale De Milho

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by logicbob » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:09 pm

How much did the meal cost all together?

sandman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 am

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by sandman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:16 am

logicbob wrote:How much did the meal cost all together?
It cost around 100 Euro for 6 people, no desserts, but including wine, water, beer and soft drinks. It is not the cheapest restaurant.

Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:04 pm
Location: Picton Ontario, Canada

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by Canada » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:21 pm

sandman wrote:We ate at Tia Ilda 2 nights ago. The couvert was priced at 4.95, but included bread, olives, sardine paste and carrots with cumin. There were 6 of us and the waiter asked if we wanted couvert we said yes and he suggested 2 portions between us all ,which was plenty. So 10 Euro for couvert was fine with us. Food was also good, as was the Planalto White wine!
I really miss the Planalto!!!!! :cry:

Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
Posts: 5505
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:35 am
Location: Wroxham, Norfolk/ Vale de Centiannes

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by Bruce Wallis » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Canada wrote:
sandman wrote:We ate at Tia Ilda 2 nights ago. The couvert was priced at 4.95, but included bread, olives, sardine paste and carrots with cumin. There were 6 of us and the waiter asked if we wanted couvert we said yes and he suggested 2 portions between us all ,which was plenty. So 10 Euro for couvert was fine with us. Food was also good, as was the Planalto White wine!
I really miss the Planalto!!!!! :cry:
I'll have a couple on ice for you in February!! :D

logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: Hertfordshire / Vale De Milho

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by logicbob » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Canada wrote:
sandman wrote:We ate at Tia Ilda 2 nights ago. The couvert was priced at 4.95, but included bread, olives, sardine paste and carrots with cumin. There were 6 of us and the waiter asked if we wanted couvert we said yes and he suggested 2 portions between us all ,which was plenty. So 10 Euro for couvert was fine with us. Food was also good, as was the Planalto White wine!
I really miss the Planalto!!!!! :cry:

So do I. :( :(

sandman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 am

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by sandman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:03 am

Ok. I have been keeping an eye on the cost of a bottle of Planalto at the various restaurants that we visit each evening as general marker of the restaurants' "affordability".

The Planalto Index

Jota Lita = E14.70
Taberna Portugesa = E12.00 ( newish rest. on left at corner of the hill with the municipal market. Great sea bass)
Tia Ilda = Can't remember, but will be back soon.

Will update.

EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend
Posts: 4438
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 am

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by EMM » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:07 am

We too use the " Planalto index " not just in restaurants but also supermarkets.

If you pay 12 euros for it in a restaurant and E4.90 in a supermarket this is much better value than some wines which are 2euros or under in a supermarket but can be 10-12 when you eat out.

Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:04 pm
Location: Picton Ontario, Canada

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by Canada » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:27 pm

I'll have a couple on ice for you in February!! :D[/quote]

Thanks Bruce, a "couple" should be good! :lol:

Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:04 pm
Location: Picton Ontario, Canada

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by Canada » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:28 pm

EMM wrote:We too use the " Planalto index " not just in restaurants but also supermarkets.

If you pay 12 euros for it in a restaurant and E4.90 in a supermarket this is much better value than some wines which are 2euros or under in a supermarket but can be 10-12 when you eat out.
I have always paid 4.69 Euros even in Apolonia!

Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
Posts: 5505
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:35 am
Location: Wroxham, Norfolk/ Vale de Centiannes

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by Bruce Wallis » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Canada wrote:
EMM wrote:We too use the " Planalto index " not just in restaurants but also supermarkets.

If you pay 12 euros for it in a restaurant and E4.90 in a supermarket this is much better value than some wines which are 2euros or under in a supermarket but can be 10-12 when you eat out.
I have always paid 4.69 Euros even in Apolonia!
It's only you rich Canadians....(and Blue), that can afford to shop in Apolonia....we're more yer Pingo Doce and Lidl........or the 1:35 wine cartons at Intermarche! :D

EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend
Posts: 4438
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 am

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by EMM » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Canada when were you last in Carvoeiro) prices for brands popular with tourists usually increase in the summer plus VAT ( sales tax ) has increased and is likely to go up again.

But I not moaning, back in the UK a box of " plonk " costs over £13,00 ( E15.00 ) while here we get perfectly drinkable stuff for half that price. :D

Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle
Posts: 5505
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:35 am
Location: Wroxham, Norfolk/ Vale de Centiannes

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by Bruce Wallis » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:01 pm

EMM wrote:Canada when were you last in Carvoeiro) prices for brands popular with tourists usually increase in the summer plus VAT ( sales tax ) has increased and is likely to go up again.

But I not moaning, back in the UK a box of " plonk " costs over £13,00 ( E15.00 ) while here we get perfectly drinkable stuff for half that price. :D
£13 QUID a bottle of plonk????.........bloody hell.......you rich or summint????

Whats wrong with Tesco 3 bottles for £12????
Whats wrong with Intermarche E1:35 a litre????

Dont you listen to these wealthy ex-pats, Canada ....you carry on getting pissed with your POOR friends!!!

bjay
CVO Regular
CVO Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:07 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by bjay » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 pm

What is the wine like in the box at intermarche, looking for best white?

bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend
Posts: 3150
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:25 pm
Location: wigan

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by bruce » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:35 am

The boxed stuff in Intermarche is ok, quite drinkable when cool.
Emm our prices up norf must be more favourable - Sainsburys chardonnay £7.99 for a 3 litre box, Banrock Station £9.99 for a 3 litre box. Teso, Asda & Sainsburys have some excellent deals on 3 for £10 or £12, at the moment Oyster Bay/Cloudy Bay/Hardys is on offer at 3 for £12.

EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend
Posts: 4438
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 am

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by EMM » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:43 am

I agree that there are " wine deals " in the UK but there is a huge difference between the stuff shipped in tankers fron ozz or where ever and bottled somehwere in the UK in a thin glass screw top bottle and the "proper " wine we can still find in Portugal for less than the industrial UK stuff.

Your £4 bottle of UK wine has approx 30% tax plus margins and probably only has a few pence worth of wine in it.

Post Reply