Tia Ilda

logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Tia Ilda

Post by logicbob »

How much did the meal cost all together?
sandman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by sandman »

logicbob wrote:How much did the meal cost all together?
It cost around 100 Euro for 6 people, no desserts, but including wine, water, beer and soft drinks. It is not the cheapest restaurant.
Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Canada »

sandman wrote:We ate at Tia Ilda 2 nights ago. The couvert was priced at 4.95, but included bread, olives, sardine paste and carrots with cumin. There were 6 of us and the waiter asked if we wanted couvert we said yes and he suggested 2 portions between us all ,which was plenty. So 10 Euro for couvert was fine with us. Food was also good, as was the Planalto White wine!
I really miss the Planalto!!!!! :cry:
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

Canada wrote:
sandman wrote:We ate at Tia Ilda 2 nights ago. The couvert was priced at 4.95, but included bread, olives, sardine paste and carrots with cumin. There were 6 of us and the waiter asked if we wanted couvert we said yes and he suggested 2 portions between us all ,which was plenty. So 10 Euro for couvert was fine with us. Food was also good, as was the Planalto White wine!
I'll have a couple on ice for you in February!! :D
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

Canada wrote:

So do I. :( :(
sandman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by sandman »

Ok. I have been keeping an eye on the cost of a bottle of Planalto at the various restaurants that we visit each evening as general marker of the restaurants' "affordability".

The Planalto Index

Jota Lita = E14.70
Taberna Portugesa = E12.00 ( newish rest. on left at corner of the hill with the municipal market. Great sea bass)
Tia Ilda = Can't remember, but will be back soon.

Will update.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

We too use the " Planalto index " not just in restaurants but also supermarkets.

If you pay 12 euros for it in a restaurant and E4.90 in a supermarket this is much better value than some wines which are 2euros or under in a supermarket but can be 10-12 when you eat out.
Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Canada »

I'll have a couple on ice for you in February!! :D[/quote]

Thanks Bruce, a "couple" should be good! :lol:
Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Canada »

EMM wrote:We too use the " Planalto index " not just in restaurants but also supermarkets.

If you pay 12 euros for it in a restaurant and E4.90 in a supermarket this is much better value than some wines which are 2euros or under in a supermarket but can be 10-12 when you eat out.
I have always paid 4.69 Euros even in Apolonia!
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

Canada wrote:
EMM wrote:We too use the " Planalto index " not just in restaurants but also supermarkets.

I have always paid 4.69 Euros even in Apolonia!
It's only you rich Canadians....(and Blue), that can afford to shop in Apolonia....we're more yer Pingo Doce and Lidl........or the 1:35 wine cartons at Intermarche! :D
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

Canada when were you last in Carvoeiro) prices for brands popular with tourists usually increase in the summer plus VAT ( sales tax ) has increased and is likely to go up again.

But I not moaning, back in the UK a box of " plonk " costs over £13,00 ( E15.00 ) while here we get perfectly drinkable stuff for half that price. :D
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

EMM wrote:Canada when were you last in Carvoeiro) prices for brands popular with tourists usually increase in the summer plus VAT ( sales tax ) has increased and is likely to go up again.

But I not moaning, back in the UK a box of " plonk " costs over £13,00 ( E15.00 ) while here we get perfectly drinkable stuff for half that price. :D
£13 QUID a bottle of plonk????.........bloody hell.......you rich or summint????

Whats wrong with Tesco 3 bottles for £12????
Whats wrong with Intermarche E1:35 a litre????

Dont you listen to these wealthy ex-pats, Canada ....you carry on getting pissed with your POOR friends!!!
bjay
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by bjay »

What is the wine like in the box at intermarche, looking for best white?
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

The boxed stuff in Intermarche is ok, quite drinkable when cool.
Emm our prices up norf must be more favourable - Sainsburys chardonnay £7.99 for a 3 litre box, Banrock Station £9.99 for a 3 litre box. Teso, Asda & Sainsburys have some excellent deals on 3 for £10 or £12, at the moment Oyster Bay/Cloudy Bay/Hardys is on offer at 3 for £12.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

I agree that there are " wine deals " in the UK but there is a huge difference between the stuff shipped in tankers fron ozz or where ever and bottled somehwere in the UK in a thin glass screw top bottle and the "proper " wine we can still find in Portugal for less than the industrial UK stuff.

Your £4 bottle of UK wine has approx 30% tax plus margins and probably only has a few pence worth of wine in it.