Typical portuguese restaurant please

chevaux
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Typical portuguese restaurant please

Post by chevaux »

I am coming for the 1st time to Carvoeiro (Clube Monte Carvoeiro) at the end of this month. Could you please give me names of typical portuguese restaurant not too far from Carvoeiro? I positively adore portuguese cooking and use to go in a typical resto in my town almost every week
Please accept my apologizes for my bad english, I am french speaking :oops:
cereza
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Typical portuguese restaurant please

Post by cereza »

Chevaux - Is your name anything to do with your meat preference? :wink:
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

I love the fish and Casa Algarvia is hard to beat. It's halfway up Restaurant Hill and off-season is still busy when other places are struggling to get people through their doors.

If you want the true Portuguese experience, then travel inland a bit with your phrase book. Just having lunch at a roadside cafe can be memorable. Look for the places where the locals have their lunch.
Helen
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Helen »

O Lotus in Lagoa is your best bet near to Carvoeiro. It's in Lagoa opposite the petrol station. Brilliant Portuguese food.
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

Helen wrote:O Lotus in Lagoa is your best bet near to Carvoeiro. It's in Lagoa opposite the petrol station. Brilliant Portuguese food.
I so agree with you Helen....Ive been in there a few times and loved the food :)
chevaux
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by chevaux »

waoowww!! thank you for the informations you give me. I think I will try all these adresses.. even inland, I can manage in Português so it won't be too difficult

@cereza : oooohh no.. I can even not imagine that someone could have THIS meating preference :cry:
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

chevaux wrote:waoowww!! thank you for the informations you give me. I think I will try all these adresses.. even inland, I can manage in Português so it won't be too difficult

@cereza : oooohh no.. I can even not imagine that someone could have THIS meating preference :cry:
I can't imagine eating 'cheval' either Chevaux :(
But my old French friend Raymond who lived in St Valery sur Somme ate 'cheval' twice a week!

I think you will like the food in O Lotus :)

Bon nuit :wink:
blue
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by blue »

We've always had good meals in Restaurant Marisqueira at the top of Rua do Farol though we haven't been there for a while. There's a new restaurant on the out road on the right hand side that is owned by a guy who used to be a waiter at Restaurant Algarvia, it has a small decking terrace outside. We have not eaten there but we've been told the fish is really good.

I noticed horse steaks for sale in the meat chiller cabinets at Continente supermarket on Saturday.
chevaux
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by chevaux »

Thank you all for the adresses, I will certainly try to find these restaurants :D

@Ellie : I probably would not be friend with your old french friend :cry:
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

chevaux wrote:Thank you all for the adresses, I will certainly try to find these restaurants :D

@Ellie : I probably would not be friend with your old french friend :cry:
I agree Chevaux...I can't imagine ever eating horse flesh but apparently his doctor recommended it because of his digestive problems.

If you ask me his problem would have been solved if he had drunk more water :lol:
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

We inadvertantly went to a 'horse restaurant in sardinia, it only came to light when i realised that
the steaks the people were having on the next table were unusually large, we quickly changed our order :D
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

Now't wrong with a bit of horse rump. :) Camel is quite tasty, as is Kudu and Impala.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

tricky wrote:We inadvertantly went to a 'horse restaurant in sardinia, it only came to light when i realised that
the steaks the people were having on the next table were unusually large, we quickly changed our order :D
. . . . and the drumsticks were massive! :P
Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Canada »

Can you eat a camel's hump? What is it - fatty tissue or a watr reservoir? :?
Burki
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Burki »

@chevaux:

I agree with "blue" and recommend "A Marisquira" on Estrada do Farol (up the hill on the left hand side). Great grilled fish - always fresh. Be there before eight - it's usually booked very early. Ask for the fish of the day - eventually they have something that's not on the menu...

B.