No votes
4%

Total votes: 24

paul.hargrave
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Maxime Restaurant

Post by paul.hargrave »

We have recently spent the New Year in the village, and was very impressed with the whole area, especially the food. We had the pleasure of eating at Maxime, with John Rijnsoever as the host. The food was superb and the price very reasonable for such quality. Jon also recomended BON BON restuarant nearby for our new years eve bash, again a superb choice. Well Done ! We will be back !! :D
Maurice Flitcroft
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Maxime Restaurant

Post by Maurice Flitcroft »

I always find Maxime's a bit pretentious and expensive. However, everyone to thir own.
Peter Belinfante

Post by Peter Belinfante »

Perfect place; one of the best in CVO!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:
Nice people; reasonable price; good quality, perfect atmosphere!!!
Definitly a **********star restaurant!!!!
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Maxines

Post by biffa »

Agree with Maurice, it is pretentious and enough money but it is quite good
RandR
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Agree

Post by RandR »

Peter , I absolutely agree!!!!

I had a terrific dinner there last year.........too bad of the construction work that was taking place in fornt of the restaurant
DeeW
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Maxime Restaurant

Post by DeeW »

Just got back into the UK on Saturday after a glorious week in cvo. We visited Maxime's Restaurant twice during the week we were there and found it absolutely wonderful. The service and food was exceptional :lol:
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: I agree Maximes is a lovely restaurant, good quality food, wonderful staff and a great atmosphere, will go back there again, and again. :lol:
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Maximes

Post by biffa »

Went to Maximes last night. The menu has changed and I feel that it has improved considerably. I had an excellent meal. Someone else kindly picked up the bill so I don't know how expensive. Main courses are between 10 and 15 euros. It was completely full which is a good sign.
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: Hiya biffa, we have always liked Maximes, with the new menu do they still do nice vegetarian dishes (don't know if you noticed) and/or fish? Hoping to go in April when we are out again next.
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Maximes

Post by biffa »

Not sure on the veggy stuff but I imagine so. Menu not all that different but a few nice new things on it
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Maximes

Post by shanagarry »

John and Francine run a magnificent restaurant and are a delightful couple. They always have plenty of time for their customers and make everybody very welcome.

If you want something specially prepared and it is not on the menu - give them a few day's notice and they will prepare it beyond your expectations. I don't believe they are any more expensive than the 2 or 3 other quality restaurants, but the old adage applies - you get what you are prepared to pay for.

We were there on Sunday 6th and will be in there next Thursday 24th just to make the sure the very high standards are being maintained.

Great people and Great place.
Mike,Chislehurst
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike,Chislehurst »

We haven't tried this recently but does anyone remember when it was Thameside years ago, can't remember the name of the bloke (and son!) that ran it but bumped into him about 2 years ago in the DIY at Lagoa. Always remember he used to hand round the Saturday football results on Saturday night if you wanted to see them. This is before the internet, sky, and mobiles!! Happy days.
Graham L
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Graham L »

....and he (the bloke in Thameside) used to tell us, until it got very boring, that the vegetables of the day were always grown in his garden!
kteee

Post by kteee »

That sounds like Eusebio who (I think) now works at Rochamar near Rocha Brava
Mike,Chislehurst
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike,Chislehurst »

Don't think so Kteee, this chap, wife, and son were all English and originated from Berkshire. They were there from at least 1987 until it became Maximes. Can't remember when that was.