Oasis Restaurant

Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Oasis Restaurant

Post by Lesley Jean »

I am also a minority then as I don't like Happy's, find it far to ' holiday camp' for my personal tastes, I like to go out for a nice quiet meal with my family where we can chat and enjoy ourselves without being made to join in some kind of group entertainment.

Can I just mention that this has gone off topic as it was meant to be about Oasis :lol:
beekeeper
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by beekeeper »

we also avoid so perhaps there are more people who dont like it [quote="cereza"][quote="dj sull"][quote="dennisg"]
That is another reason to avoid Happy's. Libbe not only manhandles and generally tries to humiliate you, he gets you talking to people on the next table. That is my idea of a nightmare, and you pay for it.[/quote]

They must be doing something right - it is always full and you have to book up well in advance.
You seem to be in a minority and I assume that you don't go there any more but yet you seem to be obsessive in your criticism - is there a special reason for this apart from what you have already mentioned?[/quote]
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

How about getting back to the topic subject: Oasis? If you want to discuss how good/awful Happy's is, why not do so within a Happy's subject? I am surprised the proper Mods have let this go on and not split it into two.
cereza
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by cereza »

Well obviously some people don't like Happys which is a question of personal taste - I was just trying to point out that it is extremely popular as can be seen by the turnover. Everyone to his own I guess.
I must say that I go there when in the mood for a laugh with a crowd. If we want a quiet meal then we go elsewhere.
Horses for courses :)

I have never tried Oasis - where is it?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Oasis is on the "out" road, right hand side as you leave CVO, just after Ele & Ela.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

e-richard wrote:Oasis is on the "out" road, right hand side as you leave CVO, just after Ele & Ela.
I wonder whether you'll be able to say that after the 'improvements' are finished? :wink:
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

Well I like Oasis and Happys..and in both places you get good grub :lol:

Leading such a quiet country life here Im always up for a laugh and Libbe certainly gives you that..and as Cereza says Happys is very popular and always full.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Ellie wrote:...and as Cereza says Happys is .... always full.
So's our local cemetry, but I aren't rushing to get there. :P
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

Michael Crane wrote:
Ellie wrote:...and as Cereza says Happys is .... always full.
So's our local cemetry, but I aren't rushing to get there. :P
Talking of such MC, what was the verdict on your dodgy Ticker??
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

SAM SPARKLE wrote:...Talking of such MC, what was the verdict on your dodgy Ticker??
Funny you should ask that. I got the results this morning. It's bad - but not too bad. I have a "small reversible myocardial perfusion defect in the inferior wall of the left ventricle" . . . whatever that means! There's no evidence of severe heart disease (which is nice :P ) and they intend to "management" [sic] me medically - as opposed to putting me down, perhaps. :wink:
bobbie-anne
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by bobbie-anne »

Ate in Oasis 3 times in the last 3 weeks and as per usual....... it was great, the food served hot. and well cooked.
No bad reactions to anything the next day!
Staff friendly,
Sevice great.
Surroundings more than acceptable, considering the work going on on the appartments overhead, all clean and dust free.
Karon and staff. Thank You will be back soon. :D
P.S. glad you put the small ribs on as a starter it gives Alan chance to try something else as main, :roll:
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Good recipie for chicken Satay which is more or less the Dutch national dish now:
chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks, put about 4 pieces on skewers, maybe add a red pepper slice in between, grill or BBQ and service with the sauce poured over or in a side dish to dip.

For the Sauce which serves up to 4 persons1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp lime juice

For the sauce, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, peanut butter and lime juice, stirring over a v.low heat until smooth and creamy. Thin with a little water if you like as sometimes the peanut butter can be a bit thick.

For a hotter version of the sauce add some chillies to taste

I have tried this recipie, me being a basic cook and it's lovely...
good luck and a touch of Oasis

zeer smakelijk (as we say in Dutch)

Gaynor :D
Canada
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Canada »

Gary/Gaynor wrote:Good recipie for chicken Satay which is more or less the Dutch national dish now:
chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks, put about 4 pieces on skewers, maybe add a red pepper slice in between, grill or BBQ and service with the sauce poured over or in a side dish to dip.
Gaynor :D
That is the dish that I always order at Oasis. It is really good! Marty always orders the ribs (too big for me).
Service and atmosphere is warm and friendly. The new restrooms are great now! :)
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Spare ribs in Holland are to die for and another one of our favourites, is the owner Dutch?
gaynor
bobbie-anne
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by bobbie-anne »

I think they are. But they have been in C.V.O. for so long that they are the Property of Portugal, our visits to C.V.O. would not be the same without our meals there. :D