Vila Nova

tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Vila Nova

Post by tricky »

Just had the best meal of the holiday at Vila Nova. The fish soup and sole i had was lovely,and for 90 euros for four, three courses each plus wine,
it was a bargain. it certainly is a rival for Ele/Ela
sanreen
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by sanreen »

Where is Vila Nova?
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

If you go up past Monte Carvoeiro, keep left towards the new Monte Santo resort (its on the main road) Vila Nova is the first left turn after the resort, and then on your right
sanreen
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by sanreen »

Thanks Tricky, will give it a try when we are out in 2 weeks time. :D :D
blue
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by blue »

What's the rest of the menu like? I can get a good fish soup & soul in a lot of portuguese restaurants which is why it's nice to find restaurants with a more diverse menu. I have heard before that this is a good restaurant do they have an interesting menu or is it traditional?
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Hi Blue, its quite traditional, although there are a few differences,
like chicken marsala, salmon with honey, pork with marsala etc. but on the whole its portuguese fayre with lots of fresh fish.
well worth going though.
Sandy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Sandy »

Don't forget the duck breast and the roast lamb Its the first place we head for when we arrive. Anibal is a charming host.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Thanks for reminding me about the lamb Sandy (hope you are well)
I'm going across to book a table now :lol:
Sandy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Sandy »

We're good Chris. Tell Anibal to reserve the biggest Golden bream he's got on 20th September for me :o
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

It is very rare these days, but we find the quality of the food at Vila Nova just gets better every year. The meals we have had there this year have easily been the best of our holidays.
My son, who is currently living in Spain, came over a few weeks ago and was raving about the food served up by Anibal.
Dave.
fmm
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by fmm »

Do you mean go up the steep road next to Sullys? I think that I would like to go there tonight but can't work out where it is. As I shall be walking I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes as it is quite a walk from the top of Restaurant Hill where I shall start my journey ...
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

Probably better going up the steep hill that the Jailhouse is on, then turn right at the top to QDP, and onwards. I'd take a taxi from where you are and walk back.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

fmm wrote:Do you mean go up the steep road next to Sullys? I think that I would like to go there tonight but can't work out where it is. As I shall be walking I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes as it is quite a walk from the top of Restaurant Hill where I shall start my journey ...
It is quite a walk from there!

If you take the road up past Sullys, follow it round the corner, continue on this road past Quinta do Paraiso and it is about half a mile past there. Take a left turn - there is a sign on the main road - to the complex.

Not sure if that is very clear.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

HampshireRich wrote:Probably better going up the steep hill that the Jailhouse is on, then turn right at the top to QDP, and onwards. I'd take a taxi from where you are and walk back.
Good advice - will cut quite a bit off the route.
fmm
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by fmm »

I have a car - is it easy to park up there at this time of year (and which way would I drive - sorry - really useless at finding my way around!)