Worst meal in Carvoeiro?

dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Worst meal in Carvoeiro?

Post by dennisg »

Some years ago four of us had disappointing meals at Rocha Mar, opposite Rocha Brava. My daughter and her family then stayed at RB and when they returned home said they had eaten there every night and it was "fantastic". So next year, we gave it another go and guess what, it was worse than the previous time, so much so that my friend told the manager it was the worst meal he had ever had on the Algarve. But following blogs on the Rocha Brava website we gave it another go last year. We were very pleasantly surprised and have since eaten there twice more so have taken it off our blacklist of one!
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by piggywidden93 »

Tia Ilda - sorry moaning again. Used to love it until we got conned by the Sea view evening Menu that was almost double the price to the other tables not at the edge of the terrace. Really was their loss as we used to go here at least half a dozen times over our holiday. Had a bad experience with Julios too, huge and I mean huge insect grub in salad, was told by waiter "oh yes they live in the bushes" then walked off :oops:
snaj1
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by snaj1 »

We're visiting in the summer and because of past experiences we avoid restaurants in CVO. We love ferragudo and tend to dine at a ribeira
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

snaj1 wrote:We're visiting in the summer and because of past experiences we avoid restaurants in CVO. We love ferragudo and tend to dine at a ribeira
We tend to avoid Ferragudo due to bad experiences there.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

We tend to eat in both Carvoeiro and Ferragudo (and Lagoa, Armaçao, Portimao, Lagos, Luz etc.) because we have had good and bad experiences in both :lol:
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

snaj1 wrote:We're visiting in the summer and because of past experiences we avoid restaurants in CVO. We love ferragudo and tend to dine at a ribeira
A Ribeira has not re-opened this year.
pointersister
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pointersister »

Try A Paleta on the way in to Lagoa, on the left just before Pingo Doce. We had a brilliant meal there and the staff are lovely. Not too expensive either. :)
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

pointersister wrote:Try A Paleta on the way in to Lagoa, on the left just before Pingo Doce. We had a brilliant meal there and the staff are lovely. Not too expensive either. :)
fully agree lovely food ,last time we were there I had Lamb chops and got 6 on my plate
djb
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by djb »

Farol wrote:
Can't say I'm surprised by that - that's probably the worst restaurant in Ferragudo. Good location though - I hope someone takes it over.
snaj1
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by snaj1 »

Oh dear! The boss was a bit surly, but he treated us well. I hope somebody does take it over. I think we'll be going to Lagoa for lunches.
Any other recommendations? We have a 3 and 6 year old in tow
fmm
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by fmm »

I have just booked Ele and Ella for this Saturday. The last time I ate here was several years ago where we were sat at the back of the restaurant (despite having booked days in advance and requested a specific table), the waiter was unbelievably off hand and in the end we left.

Booked it whilst walking past today, and the waiter (no idea whether he was the same one or not!) was pretty off hand.

I am not asking for worship, but a bit of enthusiasm would be good!
snaj1
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by snaj1 »

I know what you mean fmm. We went to a popular Italian restaurant in Sesmarias , opposite the water tower. As we there were only 2 adults and 2 children in our party , we were treated like we were invisible. What made things worse that the table of 8 or 9 opposite us were treated like royalty. We were the only two tables occupied. I don't want to be fawned over while I eat, but an acknowledgement of our existence would have been nice.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Farol wrote:
Passed A Ribeira on Monday.............still closed!! Frontage looking very run down now.
snaj1
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by snaj1 »

We passed there last month. Looks very run down. Its a pity because it's a very good location
Sheila
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Sheila »

Our worst meal was O Patio. They made us wait ages. We thought this was a ploy to make us buy more drinks while we waited, which we didn't. People at other tables who were buying lots of drinks were being fussed over. When the meal came the pork was very tough. When we complained they said pork is always tough! We have never been there since.