lawyers

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
julia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

lawyers

Post by julia »

could anyone please give us a rough idea as to what is a reasonable fee/percentage charged by a lawyer when purchasing a property - mind you is any fee they charge ever reasonable ? :lol: just want to check we are not be inordinately ripped off. thank you , julia
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

legal fees

Post by biffa »

Please remember there is much more work involved here than in the UK in a convetyance. Also often title is bad and extra work involved.

Most lawyers charge a percentage of cost of the property (the real cost). Many charge 1,5% - that can come to a big whack with prices nowadays!

Some free thinking souls have woken up and are charging a set fee - say euros1,500 plus the disbursements involved-

PM me if you want more help or a recommendation
julia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by julia »

:) Thank you biffa, helpful as ever. from what you say things are pretty much in order with our lawyer - i have to say the fact that ' he who pays the bills' is one too and our guy is an ex pat seems to help :lol: your advice is very much appreciated, best wishes, julia
jadzia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Lawyers

Post by jadzia »

Hi there you two - I have posted on the general forum but this is probabaly where i should be posting for the time being as we are trying hard to move out to CVO. Can you tell us which Lawyers you are using/recommend - we have the name of J. Placido Santos - are there any others we could ring - phone numbers would be great. bless yers Liz :D :D