Borehole/Mains

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Geoff Simcox
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Borehole/Mains

Post by Geoff Simcox »

Having recently hooked up to mains water, for a short period, I had both mains and borehole water. Then the borehole failed. I do not know the reason. So I am seeking information on two matters.
1 Can anyone give me the details of a reilable firm/individual who can identify the reason for the borehole failure. Simoes Laurenco who has installed three pumps in as many years, now fails to respond to my calla and emails. I wonder why.

2 Is it worth getting the borehole fixed or just rely on mains water. I have a swimming pool (presently leaking!!) and small garden area that needs irrigation. Has anyone else had to ponder this question?

Regards,

Geof Simcox
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Borehole/Mains

Post by ceh »

Have only just seen this post as we've been away until yesterday.

For about 10 years, I relied on borehole water and got through any number of pumps, had to have the borehole deepened etc. The lack of water was the one thing I dreaded every time we visited! Having been very surprised when mains water was run into the area about 18 months ago, I was pleased to connect up.

However, last year I realised at the end of summer that the irrigation system had been hooked up to the mains water resulting in huge bills. This has beem remedied in the last few months by connecting the irrigation system back to the borehole but during the process yet again the pump failed, the borehole had to be de-sludged etc. My gardeners got someone to do some of the work done and I will dig out the details. He's done work on the system before.