"Caderneta predial"

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

"Caderneta predial"

Post by shaz1967 »

Merry Christmas to one & all
Can anybody tell me where I can get the "Caderneta predial" for my property I believe it is the registration document that proves that you own the property. Which I think allows you to see is there is any mortgage or charge on the property as i am wanting to pay off the small amount i owe on my mortgage.
Algarve Eagle
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: "Caderneta predial"

Post by Algarve Eagle »

This document can be obtained from the Lagoa Camara, Finance Department.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

Hello Algarve Eagle
Thank you for your post advising about where to get the document from, do you think my property manager who has my power of attorney to deal with all my business regarding my property will be able to take the power of attorney to the Camara & get me the document as I will not be over again till March/April 2019 ? I believe that there is a small fee charged for the document.
Algarve Eagle
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Algarve Eagle »

Hi Shaz

I am sure that your property manager would be able to get the document, especially with a PoA. In fact, I have never sourced the Caderneta myself; when required for whatever purpose, my lawyer has always visited the Financas to get it, and has done so on at least one occasion without holding a current PoA.

Another option would perhaps be to get your fiscal representative (if you have one) to source the document.
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

If you're registered with the Portal you can get it online here.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

Thank you all for your replies & help, this is the great aspect of this forum that people are always willing to help with invaluable advice.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

shaz1967 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:44 pm Merry Christmas to one & all
Can anybody tell me where I can get the "Caderneta predial" for my property I believe it is the registration document that proves that you own the property. Which I think allows you to see is there is any mortgage or charge on the property as i am wanting to pay off the small amount i owe on my mortgage.
The Urban Land Registry is a unique certificate for each property, as if it were an identification document. This is issued by the Tax Authority (TA) and is also called the Matrix Certificate.

This document holds all the fiscal information associated with the property. In the case of a dwelling in a building, for example, the Urban Land Registry shall include the following information:

Housing owners, information that must contain the tax identification, name and tax address;
Address of the property;
Identification of the building, namely district, county, parish and matrix article (number attributed by the Finances to the building);
Description of the building, which should include, for example, the type of building and whether it is horizontally owned;
Areas of the building, ie, the total area of ​​the land and the area of ​​implantation;
Confrontations, that is, whether it is facing north, south, east or west;
Identification of the autonomous fraction - as the indication of the floor or the corresponding letter - as well as the location of the fraction;
Areas of the fraction, specifically the gross private area and the gross dependent area;
Elements of the fraction, namely the purpose for which it is intended (eg, Permanent Private Residence), the typology (number of divisions), the permiliation and the number of floors;
Housing valuation data, ie the year of enrollment in the matrix, the current Tax Asset Value (VPT) of the fraction, as well as the respective attribution date and the formula used to calculate the VPT.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

Wow Widge that's a whole lot of info on one document ! I was told it was a document similar to the "Title Deed" in the UK but it appears to be far more complicated with far more information on it.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

shaz1967 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:47 pm Wow Widge that's a whole lot of info on one document ! I was told it was a document similar to the "Title Deed" in the UK but it appears to be far more complicated with far more information on it.
It has to be more complicated it's Portuguese isn't it. :D