Lawyer Recommendations Please Sept 2018

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
EmmaD22
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Lawyer Recommendations Please Sept 2018

Post by EmmaD22 »

Hello,
My husband and I have had our offered accepted on a property in CVO this week and we are looking for recommendations for a good property lawyer.
We have been recommended to a lawyer by our Agent (both of who are not in CVO).
As a solicitor in the UK, I am a little concerned that there may not be too much separation between the EA / lawyer recommended, so I wanted to seek in independent - ideally in CVO.
Does anyone have any recent experience and could provide a recommendation...possibly Ana Lamy or Paula Meireles??? It seems Maria Alves is no longer with Ana Lamy (I searched on your forum and this was a name that previously came up albeit a while ago.)
Many thanks for any advice given in advance,
Emma .
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Lawyer Recommendations Please Sept 2018

Post by dennisg »

I can really recommend Maria Loia Alves who is now in business on her own in Lagoa.
Rua Jacinta Correia, Edificio Lagoa Jardim, Lote 2, Loja C, 8400-398 Lagoa. (What a mouthful!!) Phone 282 381 271. E mail: maria.loia.alves-363f@adv.oa.pt.
She helped us sell our CVO property last year very efficiently and helpfully, and with reasonable costs.
EmmaD22
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by EmmaD22 »

Thank you so much for your reply Dennisg - with all of the positive comments that I had previously read about her - I was hoping that someone knew where she had moved to!!

So glad that you also had such a positive experience last year using her services. I am going to contact her now.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond, we really appreciate it - Emma.
mardi
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mardi »

I can also highly recommend Maria. Charming lady who makes the buying process easy. She explained everything thing to us in an easy format. Her costs are very reasonable. She acts as our fiscal representative and she hasn’t put her prices up in 9 years. She goes out of her way to be helpful and we can always count on her to provide us with advice and assistance at any time.
Michelle546
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Michelle546 »

I can also highly recommend Maria. She is our lawyer who helped us purchase a property in 2016 and arranged our Wills in 2017. Goes over and above and always responds in a timely manner despite her busy schedule.

Good luck with your purchase....we have never looked back :-)

Michelle