Big day!

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Big day!

Post by pato »

Just waiting to get confirmation date to be connected to the main sewer on ADM, just think how secure we'll feel when visiting the loo in future, costing a bomb though. :|
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Big day!

Post by roy4eyes »

Don't hold your breath - on second thoughts do !! - we now get pongs, particularly in hot or windy weather, which we never did from our perfectly functioning fossa.
mug
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mug »

Great. We arrive Saturday to see our new connection - and test it! - for the 1st time. And yes, the connection with dual pumps has cost a bomb so it better be good!
martin.cork
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by martin.cork »

How much in € Approximately is the bomb ?
mug
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mug »

Is there a particular reason why you ask? The "bomb" in our case was €6k incl IVA most of which was the cost of the twin pumps. We have also paid an amount to the local authority for the connection from our allocated manhole to the sewer.
mug
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mug »

I thought I had better add to my previous post. There was an enormous amount of work involved for us to join across our property to the new mains. All the drainage pipes into the existing fossa were traced and checked before work began. Then very long trenches had to be dug from one side of the site to the other. One for the new drainage pipe from the tank and another to link into an electric supply. A length of calcada was taken up and relaid. Then part of the 3 tank fossa was converted and the other 2 were filled in. Dual pumps installed (because drainage had to be taken to height of new sewer) - no easy job - and all tested. I also believe there has been much discussion and certification to camara. So to my mind the cost is correct. But was it really necessary we ask ourselves???
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

See my earlier mail - we wish we had saved our money and not been connected.

To add to our frustration we were told later that there was no legal obligation to connect - although there is to pay (connected or not) for the new system. :evil:
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

roy4eyes wrote:See my earlier mail - we wish we had saved our money and not been connected.

To add to our frustration we were told later that there was no legal obligation to connect - although there is to pay (connected or not) for the new system. :evil:
Sorry Roy but It is a legal requirement, check it out. :x
martin.cork
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by martin.cork »

Thank you Mug
We also need to connect at ADM and are waiting for a quote
from the builder, we may not need the pumps so I am
looking for an approx value so I can budget.
What is the average cost for connecting to mains (no pumps/elec)
At least no more charges for emptying the fossa....
mug
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mug »

You are welcome. The pumps of course are only required (we were unlucky!) where you haven't a downward gradient to the bottom of your manhole at the boundary of your property. I believe the costs for the pipes and further manholes are different to a system working with pumps (eg smaller diameter pipes?). Hopefully other forum members can enlighten us?
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

I'm certain the system will no be efficient and we can now expect certain pong areas to manifest themselves in the summer, if the problem is outside your boundary and backs up to your area who pays for the clearance service?
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

No pumps required but a long path to retile total + IVA 4,352.00 Euros. I now await ongoing back up problems, what a load of crap! :mrgreen: