Replacement for Filmon

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
malrc
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Replacement for Filmon

Post by malrc »

I need a favour if anyone has the time.

I only visit the Algarve in the spring and summer so have no need for a full TV system. Up until now I have used a Vodafone mifi my phone loaded with the Filmon app and a Google Chromecast dongle attached to the TV. when Filmon became subscription I subscribed for 6 months by DD and then cancelled in October. However Filmon now is no longer compatible with Chromecast (the 2 are currently locked in battle over security settings). Now I could replace the google dongle with an Amazon Firestick which is compatible if you load the Localcast app on it but Ive found a cheaper alternative to Filmon which still works with Chromecast.
The company is TVMucho who have an app for your phone (or just add .com for their website) and at 48 euros per year is a good option for me for just the basic UK TV stations. Ive tested it in the UK and its ok but Id like someone to have a go in Portugal before I commit.
It wont cost anything to test and they give you an hour a day free if you register. The only downside is that you may get regular promotion emails which you can mark as spam.
So if anyone would like to give it a go and give me their opinion Id be most grateful.

Thanks in advance
Malcolm