Amazon Spain free delivery to Portugal

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Amazon Spain free delivery to Portugal

Post by alf1956 »

I have just found this on another site about Amazon delivering free to Portugal which is good news me thinks !

To try it out I purchased from Amazon.es a pressure cooker that could also be purchased from Amazon.co.uk and the Spanish web site quoted a price £10 cheaper than UK plus free delivery to Portugal. I was quotedfromthe UK 7 days paid delivery and it transpired that the pressure cooker took just 48 hours to arrive from Amazon’s Madrid warehouse.

This purchase may have been a one off experience but let us watch this space.

In recent months I have switched quite a few of my purchases from Amazon UK to Spain because of the terrible time taken to get any thing delivered from the UK, this latest announcement is an added bonus.

Announcement
As from November 8, Amazon’s service centre in Spain will not charge shipping costs to those customers in Portugal who spend over €29, or €19 on books.
The Spanish on-line subsidiary of the US giant explains that customers in Portugal will have access to "more than 165 million products across all categories" without having to pay postage charges.
"Some of the fashion brands available from Amazon in Spain are the Zippy, Salsa and Tiffosi clothing brands, as well as Fly London footwear," but if these mean nothing to you, a search in the electronics or books section may be more enlightening.
François Nuyts, vice-president and country manager of Amazon.es said, "Portuguese customers will also find a selection of products on Amazon.es that are specially targeted to their preferences, such as local fashion brands and thousands of books by Portuguese authors."
Amazon confirmed that November 24 is Black Friday and customers in Portugal will be able to join in.
Those able to pick their way through the Spanish website also can find a wealth of books in English available in hardback, paperback and electronic versions.
Hardbacks from Spain may be more exensive than ordering from the UK - buyer beware and compare the total cost from both countries.
https://www.amazon.es/
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Amazon Spain free delivery to Portugal

Post by shaz1967 »

I have not head or read anything about this with Amazon before which does suprise me as i think its a great thing that we can buy things at a decent price now.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

That's interesting Alf. I presume electrical items will come with a euro plug as opposed to a UK one?
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

djprescott wrote:That's interesting Alf. I presume electrical items will come with a euro plug as opposed to a UK one?
I am not sure but either way it could be a way of getting many items at a reasonable price as it seems that most household items especially electrical goods appear to be very expensive in Portugal although things have become better now that Ikea have opened near Faro.