Lost fiscal number

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Lost fiscal number

Post by shaz1967 »

Hello fellow members
My other half has lost his fiscal card & he does not have a record of his fiscal number (i know he's a numpty!) Can anybody tell me how he can go about getting a new card or his fiscal number please?
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Lost fiscal number

Post by Farol »

If you have an IMI bill it will be on that.
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

It will probably show on bank statements and any utility bills too, if he's an account holder or customer respectively. If you jointly own a property and you have access to the Portal das Finanças it will be on your Cadernata Predial available here.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

Thank you all for your replies but i am still unable to find a way for him to find his fiscal number as i bought my property a long time before i met him so no fiscal number on the IMI bill or any utility bills, he was in the process of obtaining a bank account but had not got everything sorted.
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Assuming he actually exists and has registered with AT for a Fiscal Number then I would guess that if you approached the Finanças they might be able to search for him by his name/registered address/date of birth/passport number etc.

If you have no joy, trade him in for a new one with complete paperwork. :D 8)
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

Thats a good idea Richard! Could you tell me the best place to get a replacement complete with the relevant paperwork???
On a serious note i think the next time we are out a trip to the Fincas office in Lagoa with all the relevant id should get him sorted.
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

I've a feeling that they don't issue cards anymore (but I'm happy to be corrected) so all he really needs is the number. Did he apply for it himself or was an intermediary used? I would expect an intermediary to have a record of the number for billing purposes.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

Hi Richard, sorry for the late response! We used the guy who looks after our villa as he is local so it made it easier for us but he did it as a favour so he didnt charge us for sorting it all out so maybe we will have to make a trip to the fincas office as i cannot see any other way of finding out his fiscal number, i still have my card with the number on it but you say that they have stopped issuing cards now? We are going to add him onto the propety deeds as we are about to finish the mortgage payments in the next few months so obviously we will need his fiscal number, have you any idea what kind of process this is? Obviously it means a lawyers input but i am wondering what kind of fee they will charge for this service?
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Can't help you there, sorry.
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by biffa »

Go to tax office with passport and ask them.