Drones

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Matryx
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Drones

Post by Matryx »

Just arrived for a couple of days, sat outside enjoying the peace and then, a drone flies overhead taking photos of the new German Eco development across the road. The bloody thing is flying over our pool, so an altercation ensued with the controller. What is the script here, surely, you cannot have your private space invadedd by a drone, taking pictures of your family around your own pool? This isn't the first time this has happened it's been going on during the summer, and, they must be covering the whole of ADM!

Unhappy Matryx....

Apologies for any grammatical errors, need my eyes testing and cannot work the phone!
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Drones

Post by roy4eyes »

I can´t help with the phone or drone problems but may be able to help with the other two. :lol:
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

invasion of privacy is against the law.. regardless of country. you can demand to see the pictures and ask them to be deleted.. or call the GNR and ask them to confiscate them...

however, it is a very grey area... they can "fly over" your property as its civil airspace, just like any other craft... but usually the min height I seem to remember was 300`. (need to check that though) and at that range the camera would be ineffective.

only other way is to claim public nuisance breach etc.

OR
simply ask them not to do it again or you will report them.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

I you was to shoot the drone down as it was on/over your propert with a legal air rifle would you be breaking the law ?
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

alf1956 wrote:I you was to shoot the drone down as it was on/over your propert with a legal air rifle would you be breaking the law ?

I would say NO... no different from shooting a bird. if its over your property and being a nuisance.. shoot the f***er :lol: