Sesimbra and Natinal Park

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
mardi
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Sesimbra and Natinal Park

Post by mardi »

I am thinking of a short trip to Sesimbra and visiting the National Park. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations?
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Sesimbra and Natinal Park

Post by maccasa »

Where is it?
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

maccasa wrote:Where is it?
On the peninsular south of Lisbon.
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

Ah, can see why you don't want it to be a "day trip" looks interesting must look into it.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

maccasa wrote:Ah, can see why you don't want it to be a "day trip" looks interesting must look into it.

Let us all know what you find out about a trip there, places to stay and resaurants.
mardi
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mardi »

Just come back from our visit to Sesimbra and thought I would do a little review for those that might be thinking of going.
Sesimbra has a lovely horse shoe bay, very safe bathing so suitable for all the family. The promenade is flat and easily walkable but the rest of the town is built on a steep incline so be prepared to walk up a lot of stairs and hills. You have to like fish if you want to eat out here. I personally do not like fish and it took a lot of effort to find a decent restaurant that had a meat dish. I never saw another shop on the front apart from restaurants, no where to buy any provisions and no one selling the usual seaside stuff. I stayed at the Do Mar which has a lovely position and beautiful views from most areas of the hotel. Rooms a bit dated but clean and with everything you needed. Very nice pool area and gardens.Free parking in hotels own car parking.
Also visited the Arrabida national park. It wasn't quite what I expected. I thought there would be areas to stop and walk but we were just on a road driving through, no stopping areas to take in views. Visited Portinho beach which was very lovely, although not really a beach. A bit tricky getting in and out and parking , so would definitely recommend visiting early in the day before the hoards arrive.
I am glad I went but I think it will be a bit of time before I need to go again.