Daikin Air Con

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
jimmyp
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Daikin Air Con

Post by jimmyp »

Morning all

I have 2 Daikin air con units and the remote controls are no longer working with the air con unit. I have put new batteries in the remotes, I can change the functions on the remote screen but I cannot turn the air con unit on or change the settings. Can't find any solutions on Daikin website so wanted to know if anyone had experienced similar issue?
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Daikin Air Con

Post by logicbob »

jimmyp wrote:Morning all

I have 2 Daikin air con units and the remote controls are no longer working with the air con unit. I have put new batteries in the remotes, I can change the functions on the remote screen but I cannot turn the air con unit on or change the settings. Can't find any solutions on Daikin website so wanted to know if anyone had experienced similar issue?
A silly question but have you swapped the remotes over with the air-con units. eg: try them both on one unit the again on the other.
Algarve Eagle
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Algarve Eagle »

We have Daikin units which have served us well over the years but I recall a similar problem with one unit which I resolved by clearing the timer setting on the remote, which had been inadvertently activated .....
jimmyp
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by jimmyp »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies but no dice - I reset the clock, turned the timer off and have tried each remote with each unit. They are set to cool function and nothing else it turned on.

Any other thoughts greatly appreciated :-)
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

I assume you have tried powering down the whole system at the mains and restarting it all.

If all else fails try phoning Mr Cool - he did our installation and is excellent and probably could give you a solution via the phone. Sorry but I don't have his contact details here but search the forum and I'm sure you will find them. He also advertises in the Portugal news.
jimmyp
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by jimmyp »

Hi Farol

I hadn't resorted to the turn it all off and turn it on again but will certainly give that a try :D

If not Mr Cool sounds like the solution.

Cheers

J
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

did you manage to fix your problem?
Rampage
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Rampage »

Daikin units are unique in that they detect a slight lowering of coolant pressure and automatically shutdown so that all your coolant does not leak out. This means that a small top-up is all that is required to bring them back on line rather than a complete replacement of coolant (and replacement of damaged parts caused by the system running dry) that potentially occurs with other makes. Contact Paul Whitworth at info@ohmega.net - he will check your system, apply a top-up and not charge you a fortune. My Daikin a/c's experienced this after 7 years service and they are now running as good as new.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

Rampage wrote:Daikin units are unique in that they detect a slight lowering of coolant pressure and automatically shutdown so that all your coolant does not leak out. This means that a small top-up is all that is required to bring them back on line rather than a complete replacement of coolant (and replacement of damaged parts caused by the system running dry) that potentially occurs with other makes. Contact Paul Whitworth at info@ohmega.net - he will check your system, apply a top-up and not charge you a fortune. My Daikin a/c's experienced this after 7 years service and they are now running as good as new.

Glad to hear all is OK