WIFI in villa

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
mixerman
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: WIFI in villa

Post by mixerman »

have you thought about sky dsl ?satellite ,small dish easly to fit . they offer 20 down and 6 up ,all the time , cost 60 euros per month unlimited , couple this with skype for phone all Europe, then add iptv box for all tv 19.99 per mth , works out a good deal.
sky dsl is a german company very good reputation . worth a try
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

I went to see NOWO in portimao and signed up for the Internet only 100mps + free 30 channels. They said they would come 2 days later. To say it was a disaster is an understatement - it finally took 5 visits to Portimao to get them to turn up - the main reason being they wont call a uk mobile number to tell you when they arrive - and if you dont answer they wont come. I even got a friend with a PT phone to give them her number - that never worked either. I finally went to Phone house at Intermarche and spoke with Ricardo - what a helpful man!! He gave me a MEO temp phone card so I could have a PT number and spoke to NOWO to rearrange everything. He also gave me a temp vodafone internet card and said he would activate that as a full card if NOWO failed again. Never charged me anything.

Wonderously Nowo turned up 2 days later and the outcome - wait for it - the cable is on the wrong side of the road!! I went back to my vodafone dongle!!
DVBRO
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by DVBRO »

Sorry, but I am sitting here reading this chuckling as I read your post, Maccasa.
Bad news that you have had all these problems, however it does not surprise me at all. They are all the same, full of promises, only too keen to take your money, but don't give a damn about service or what trouble you have to go through!
Whichever company gets off their backside and provides a decent client service will make a killing in this industry.
It's fine for them to sit in their Aircon offices, without a clue of where you are located or even send an engineer out to review the property. So easy and simple to instigate.
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

I've been using a vodafone dongle for 6 yrs basically without probs but thought the NOWO system sounded too good to miss - if only! Vodafone have been promising to put fibre in every year - still waiting!