Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Moderators: kteee, Gambrinus, e-richard
- Posts: 2990
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:18 pm
- Location: Surrey and Carvoeiro
If, like us, you leave items in the freezer between your trips to the Algarve, you may have wondered if there was a serious electricity cut while you were away and whether the food is still OK.
Here's a remarkably simple tip:
1. Fill a cup with water from tap.
2. Put it in the freezer until it freezes solid
3. Now put a 50c coin on top of the ice and return cup to the freezer and leave it there.
On your next return trip, is the coin still on top ?
If its not quite on top, but a short way down, it means there was a short(ish) cut, and you could be OK
If the coin is at the bottom of the cup, it means there was a major cut and the food in your freezer would have thawed. Throw it out.
Its simple, cheap,and there is no iPhone App to download.
- CVO Regular
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:54 am
- Location: Vale Centeanes
Good Idea I ussed to leave ice cubes the coin in one up on that I will be doing in April
- CVO Master
- Posts: 1656
- Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:26 pm
- Location: Hertfordshire / Vale De Milho
- CVO Oracle
- Posts: 10034
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:13 pm
- Location: Wirral and ADM
Would it work with a 5p. I wouldn't leave a 50p in my fridge it would disappear.