ADM DRAINS?

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: ADM DRAINS?

Post by pato »

Matryx wrote:Can anyone update me on the latest situation on the drains at ADM? We have had our bill from the council for our contribution to the work, which we have paid. As we do not have a septic tank, I thought we were ok, but I have been advised that we have a sespit, and that we will have to pay to have a drain put in on our land, to connect to the main drain. Our house is elevated, so the drain will be gravity fed. Is this absolutely necessary, who do we get to do it and how much will it cost? What has everyone else done?
I have had a quote of I think around 7,000,00 euros to connect to the council drain, I have also to disinfect and fill in the fossa, they also want 380 euros to fit a connection point to their drain, luckily you have a friends villa and yes you will be gravity fed, but the unlucky residents will have to fit a pump and maintain it plus pay for the power to operate it, and all this without a word to me or any other resident as far as I hear, they state it will be illegal for residents not to comply with the requirements, they'll agree to leave the connection to the system until the winter months as a compromise, some poor people will struggle, I don't think they have a part payment scheme in operation, Welcome to Portugal :P
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

C'mon "matryx" get commenting! I think we should all get together and get a block price for the job, individual quoting is stupid, if someone could organise the situation it would be a massive cost saver for all. :|
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

pato wrote:C'mon "matryx" get commenting! I think we should all get together and get a block price for the job, individual quoting is stupid, if someone could organise the situation it would be a massive cost saver for all. :|

You think! In Portugal I bet not. 8)
martin.cork
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by martin.cork »

Any further update on connection from the villas to the drainage system at ADM.
I dot understand why the council did not liaise with the villa owners on the location of the connection points.
They have no problem corresponding and making demands when it comes to requesting payment.
Their invoice shows meterage ? how is this calculated ?