Carvoeiro.com rental advertising

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Carvoeiro.com rental advertising

Post by shaz1967 »

Hello fellow property owners.
I am contemplating renting for a few weeks per year to help pay the bills etc & I was wondering if anybody advertises their property on here & if so what kind of uptake have you received ?
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Carvoeiro.com rental advertising

Post by Alison »

We have advertised our property on this site for the past 13 years and I continue to do so, mainly out of a wish to support the site as I think it is a great resource for visitors and property owners.

The rental market has changed a lot over these years, and will certainly continue changing, going through different phases in the future. We initially got several bookings and enquiries a year through cvo.com but this has reduced to none (other than repeat customers) in the past couple of years, leading us to try Owners Direct from 2014. I can only assume that other owners were in a similar position (ie, reduced bookings from cvo.com) as Steen has reduced the price for advertising on cvo.com to the sort of level that is a much smaller hit on the owner's pocket.

Now Owners Direct is being abandoned by disenchanted owners - see other topic thread on this subject - and new operators are busy trying to establish themselves in their place so I'm not sure there is any one site guaranteed to provide rental customers over another. Maybe in a few years time this will be clearer and maybe more local sites like cvo,com will become popular again.

Also depends on which weeks you are going to be offering for rental? Virtually any site should be able to find customers for peak weeks. Out of peak times is more difficult.

Good luck!
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

Alison wrote:We have advertised our property on this site for the past 13 years and I continue to do so, mainly out of a wish to support the site as I think it is a great resource for visitors and property owners.

The rental market has changed a lot over these years, and will certainly continue changing, going through different phases in the future. We initially got several bookings and enquiries a year through cvo.com but this has reduced to none (other than repeat customers) in the past couple of years, leading us to try Owners Direct from 2014. I can only assume that other owners were in a similar position (ie, reduced bookings from cvo.com) as Steen has reduced the price for advertising on cvo.com to the sort of level that is a much smaller hit on the owner's pocket.

Now Owners Direct is being abandoned by disenchanted owners - see other topic thread on this subject - and new operators are busy trying to establish themselves in their place so I'm not sure there is any one site guaranteed to provide rental customers over another. Maybe in a few years time this will be clearer and maybe more local sites like cvo,com will become popular again.

Also depends on which weeks you are going to be offering for rental? Virtually any site should be able to find customers for peak weeks. Out of peak times is more difficult.

Good luck!
Thank you for your insight.
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

I use this site and have recived bookings as well but also have your own site as well and use one of the holiday sites
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

[quote="John Burgess"]I use this site and have recived bookings as well but also have your own site as well and use one of the holiday sites[/quote
Thanks John, hope you don't mind me asking but how do the bookings from this site compare to the other holiday sites? I am just trying gauge of who to use etc.
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

No hard rule you never know who is looking at you site regular Cav holiday makers search for where they know they want to stay