Car rental, yes again.

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Car rental, yes again.

Post by pato »

I'm over for three weeks this month and need to hire an automatic car, the variation of prices astounds me, Auto Jardim. Algarve Driver, Zitauto and now the cheapest Autorent, I've used the previous three before and I wondered if anyone had experience of the latter and could comment on their performance before I decide, Thanks
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Car rental, yes again.

Post by logicbob »

I use Autorent all the time, always the best service, best price and nice people to deal with.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

logicbob wrote:I use Autorent all the time, always the best service, best price and nice people to deal with.
Thanks for that I'll go with them :D
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

I now feel I have a problem, there appears to be a number of companies trading under the name Autorent and some of them seem dodgy, the company I first identified seemed to be based in the Cvo locality and had named persons as contacts, can you give me the name of a contact at the company you recommend. I'd be very grateful. :)
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

Try atlaschoice.com we have used them for 5 years & always found them the cheapest
PhilT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by PhilT »

I'm far from being an experienced player, but why not support the forum and use the Algarve Driver price match? We've always found decent cars available directly at the airport.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

PhilT wrote:I'm far from being an experienced player, but why not support the forum and use the Algarve Driver price match? We've always found decent cars available directly at the airport.
I've used them regularly in the past but had a bad experience with them when my car was broken into at my place in the ADM, nothing taken but the vandals broke a quarter light and the rep was quite arrogant and rude when he called to view the damage, so I never used them again. :|
superbocker
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by superbocker »

Use ZEST. (Used to be Economy Car Hire ) and RENT AUTO - yellow and Black chequed flag. They are pretty good.. Used them 8/9 times. Always pretty reasonable and very reliable.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

pato wrote:I now feel I have a problem, there appears to be a number of companies trading under the name Autorent and some of them seem dodgy, the company I first identified seemed to be based in the Cvo locality and had named persons as contacts, can you give me the name of a contact at the company you recommend. I'd be very grateful. :)
Here you go.

www.autorent.pt

United Kingdom (Free) 0800 032 4979
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

logicbob wrote:
pato wrote:I now feel I have a problem, there appears to be a number of companies trading under the name Autorent and some of them seem dodgy, the company I first identified seemed to be based in the Cvo locality and had named persons as contacts, can you give me the name of a contact at the company you recommend. I'd be very grateful. :)
Here you go.

http://www.autorent.pt

United Kingdom (Free) 0800 032 4979
Thanks again! I phoned the on the 0800 number and after a wait they told me to hang up. :|
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

Logi, do they deliver and collect from the Villa, it appears lots of companies only deal at the airport. :)
Camelot101
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Camelot101 »

Hi we always use Drive4fun at the airport had no problems for several years

Hope this is useful
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

pato wrote:Logi, do they deliver and collect from the Villa, it appears lots of companies only deal at the airport. :)
Dave Locauto at the top of restaurant hill delivered us a car to the villa couple of years back, they also picked it up there .
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

pato wrote:Logi, do they deliver and collect from the Villa, it appears lots of companies only deal at the airport. :)
Pato, they deliver to hotels so I would think that they would deliver to villas as well. I have always picked up from the airport myself.
jeremy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by jeremy »

Good luck with this Dave - I haven't seen many of these around CVO :wink: