Travelrent

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
gernee
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Travelrent

Post by gernee »

We use Travel Rent about 8 times a year also, I notice the cars going downhill (forgive the pun) also, little things like buttons missing, wipers rubbing, cleanness of the cars, last time we had only one headlight working I didn't notice it until the last day if we had been stopped by the GNR there would have been trouble!!
G.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

This "Price Match" concept annoys the hell out of me, which is the reason I have never used Algarve Driver.
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

gernee wrote:We use Travel Rent about 8 times a year also, I notice the cars going downhill (forgive the pun) also, little things like buttons missing, wipers rubbing, cleanness of the cars, last time we had only one headlight working I didn't notice it until the last day if we had been stopped by the GNR there would have been trouble!!
G.
The last car we had was so new you could still smell that typical new car smell. Travel rent as usual.
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by shanagarry »

We have just booked Algarve Driver for New Year and for the first time - having previously been loyal Travelrent customers. The bad press an an 'iffy' car back in March has been enough for me to exercise caution.

Compared 8 companies - removed the two most and the two least expensive and went in the middle. I sincerely hope we don't have to regret it.

Over to you Steen :wink:
jimmyp
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by jimmyp »

Just back and used Yor Car - Had a 3 year old Punto that had 60K on the clock and a smaller engine than the go kart I drove but pick up and drop off were easy and efficient and it got me from A to B when I needed it so happy enough.
VON VON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by VON VON »

Last time we were put we used Autorent picked up a brand spanking new car, pick us up at car park 4 to their premise two min drive away, could not have been easier have booked them again for sept and christmas
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

VON VON wrote:Last time we were put we used Autorent picked up a brand spanking new car, pick us up at car park 4 to their premise two min drive away, could not have been easier have booked them again for sept and christmas
Von Von, did you book direct with Autorent or through an intermediary and pick them your rental company? On returning the car are they as easy going as Travelrent, ie very quick glance at the car and off you go. I had a very bad experience once with Loc Auto (opposite Vimar) and have been reluctant to change from Travelrent since I started booking them. (Loc Auto claimed I was responsible for a swirl mark on the bonnet of car, employee was insisting that I had to pay, she rang somebody (assume it was her boss/owner) and after a few minutes of what appeared to be pretty intense exchanges with the other person, said that 'this time' she was letting me off without paying for the damage. When collecting the car I walked around it looking for damage/marks - one obvious one which a very pleasant girl said happened on the very first rental - but otherwise looked ok. Drove around for the few days and on returning a different girl came out , walked straight to the bonned and pointed out the 'swirl' mark. Didn't even glance at the wings/doors/windscreen etc. The bonnet was covered in dust but she wiped it away and said I was responsible for the mark. The person on the other end of the phone obviously told her to get a life but I wouldn't go back to Loc Auto if they gave me a car for free.

so far I have never had a problem with Travelrent and they barely look at the car before returning the €20 for tolls. I have a quote from Autorent through Economy car for £57 for a week in October and will now check with Travelrent and see how they compare.