Faro Airport

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Faro Airport

Post by sunman »

the designs for the airport development look really nice, this promotional video goes back over the 50 years life & evolution of the airport, it's nice so I thought I'd share it,

I started coming in 1983 & can remember the old shed to the right of the current building that we had to clear immigration/ collect luggage through, good old days :) anybody go back further?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euhNLOeBz70
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Faro Airport

Post by djprescott »

Brings back memories although I can't go back quite that far sunman! But will car park 4 still be deserted though?!!
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

1983 was my first visit here too. There was an old Constellation plane which served as a bar and the car hire reps sat on the wall outside. The fuselage of the Constellation was moved to an area off the EN125 and was visible for some years when driving back to the airport before eventually disappearing.
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by shanagarry »

Sunman

I go back to 1981 and recall the uneven floor in the arrivals area and the baggage trollies that needed the strength of a lion to steer.

On a recent holiday in Crete I am sure the trollies there were Faro cast-offs - they were ancient. It was like turning the clock back 30+ years.

Happy Days :D
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Shannagary

Thats nothing!

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when I got home, our Dad would kill me, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

Ta dah!
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by shanagarry »

pickwick wrote:I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when I got home, our Dad would kill me, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."
What he £#*% are you on :D
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

You were Lucky !!
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »