Legal recommendation needed please

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Cook Family
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Legal recommendation needed please

Post by Cook Family »

We've got an issue with our Portuguese mortgage provider which could possibly require some input from a legal perspective - either from someone to act on our behalf, or (hopefully) just a phone call from a Portuguese speaker to resolve the issue.

Would anyone be able to recommend someone to do this - possibly a solicitor/lawyer in the local area who preferably does not charge through the nose? We have asked our original firm who now seem to be based in Lisbon, but the fees they've stated seem out of proportion to the issue. However, it may be that these charges are fair and we'll just have to make a decision. Either way, it would be good to have a comparison.

Thanks for your help.

Louise
mardi
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Legal recommendation needed please

Post by mardi »

Hi Louise,
I can definitely recommend Maria Alves,Apartado 1233
8401 - 910 Carvoeiro - Portugal. She is a lovely lady who has been our lawyer for the past 5 years. Very efficient and up front about her charges, which I think are always very reasonable. She also speaks excellent English . Her office is on the out road on the left hand side where the pay and display parking area is.
Mike Banks
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike Banks »

I can also highly recommend Maria Alves.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

So can i ! She is a very good Lawyer.
Cook Family
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cook Family »

Thanks for your replies.

We've now resolved the original matter ourselves but it's highlighted the fact that it would be a lot more convenient to have a lawyer in the Carvoeiro area for ease of contact.

We'll look into contacting Maria Alves.