Villa Managment

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Tomba
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Villa Managment

Post by Tomba »

Hi
At present we are in the proses of completing on the purchase of a Villa in Carvoiero. We intent to rent the property as well as use in ourselves when ever possible. Would anyone have a recommendation for a villa Managment company?
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Villa Managment

Post by logicbob »

Tomba wrote:Hi
At present we are in the proses of completing on the purchase of a Villa in Carvoiero. We intent to rent the property as well as use in ourselves when ever possible. Would anyone have a recommendation for a villa Managment company?
We use Kalkbrenner in the village, I can not fault them. They take care of everything for me so I do not have to worry when I am not in CVO. They advertise on this forum.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

I would recommend Elite Management and Rentals
British owned and run.
We have been with them for 12 years and have successfully recommended them to other members on this forum
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Hi

Be very careful and take up references whatever you do. Kevin Owenson of Algar Villas is worth talking too and can provide references galore. The family have been in the villa management business here for 30+ years and I have never heard a bad word said about them by anyone including all the other villa management businesses. Some of the others though............

We do not rent out but you only have to look at past topics on this subject to find out what a minefield it can be. I know Kevin from renting over the past 30 years and when we bought here we rented again from him for a considerable period whilst we looked for a property and carried out renovations. I can truly say he is a safe pair of hands, completely honest and respected by all. He is a fountain of information and an enormous benefit to any new owner. Even though we did not need the services of a villa management company Kevin and his Aunt were an enormous help with many issues we encountered from PT to Securitas, to the Camera to finding a reliable pool guy, to organising a builders clean with 2 hours notice to getting a locksmith when I locked myself out. All done without payment as a thank you for renting from him in the past. The contacts and knowledge he has cannot be overstated and if it needs done it gets done. No drama, no issues, never the need for any excuses just professional service without drama. One in a million.

Kevin Owenson
Apartado 1005
Praia do Carvoeiro 8401-908 Lagoa
Algarve

E-mail: kevin@algarvillas.net

Pickwick
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

I am not going to recommend an agent but if you are going to rent your home please make sure you obtain the appropriate license. Not all agents have such properties, but the fines are huge if the powers that be catch up with you. whilst you may escape the net if you ever had an insurance claim you may be refused a payout without that license. Any villa agent should assist you in this. welcome to CVO it is a wonderful place. :D