Air conditioning repairs

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Air conditioning repairs

Post by ceh »

We arrived in cvo last Thursday to beautiful sunny weather but cold conditions at night. We discovered the air con units in two rooms wouldn't work - I now need to find someone to look at them when we're back.

They were installed about 6 years ago by Autoheat but I'm pretty sure they are no longer trading so any suggestions for someone to fix? I suspect its simple - there is a light flashing on the units and the handbook says something abouf thermistor.

Thanks in anticipation
bazza
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Air conditioning repairs

Post by bazza »

Hi, Thermistor means( temperature sensor) to have two units with the same problem is unlikely unless both indoor units are run off one outdoor unit.Would it be possible you last run these units on COOL in the summer and now require heat and they are still set on cool.Also if you do have one outdoor unit serving two indoor units I think both have to be set to either cool or heat or they will not respond.
Just a thought
Regards
Bazza
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

I agree with what Bazza has said. Press the mode button on the remote to check that the unit is set for heating. If the two units run from the same compressor you will probably have to set both of them to heat for either to work
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Hi

Try Telmo Rodrigues, AKA - Mister Cool , Carvoeiro & Lagoa. Very good guy with years of experience and a wealth of knowledge on 282 082 388 or 917175818.

Pickwick

PS See old post from 2011 below. We have had all the units serviced every year since by Telmo and no issues at all!

Post by pickwick » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi

Mr Cool (Telmo) is a real gentleman and has had lots of great reviews on this site and I have used him now on 3 occasions. First class service without a doubt and the Generali units are virtually silent in quiet mode which is great for bedrooms.

Pickwick

Mister Cool - Telmo Rodrigues
Rua Mouzinho de Albuquerque, Lagoa Residence, Nº 2, Loja 3
8400-384 Lagoa
Lagoa
Mobile: 00351 917175818

eMail: mistercool_telmorodrigues@hotmail.com

Rua Mato Serrão, Praia do Carvoeiro
8400-556 CARVOEIRO LGA Praia do Carvoeiro

282 082 388

mistercool_telmorodrigues@hotmail.com
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

Thanks for the replies. We're back home now but thinking about it both bedroom units do run off the same outside unit and although I know I checked the settings on the one in the lounge (which was fine and has a different outside unit) and in the main bedroom, I may not have altered the one in the second bedroom to heat and it would have last been used for cooling - the symbols are too small for my sight now! Will follow it up at Easter and let's hope it the simple soluntion, if not I'll contact Mr Cool
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

We called in to Mr Cool's shop in Lagoa when we were in cvo a couple of weeks back having failed to resolve the problem with the a/c.

The guy in the shop said they didn't deal with LG units any more but he would check with Telmo. He rang him and said he'd be back in 5 mins or so. Telmo appered and said that he didn't deal with LG units as they'd had problems with the service. However, he said he'd come and have a look at the system.

We set off immediately (including 3 lads from the business) heading out to the wilds of Caramujeira. He found the problem - a (now dead) gecko had shorted out the board in the inverter. This prompted much laughter! Telmo rang for the part, said it would arrive in 3 days and he'd call round the evening before doing the work to let us know. He popped in one monring to say he'd been chasing the company, had been in Portimao when they'd rung to say the part had arrived in Faro, was off to Faro to collect the part and would be back at 215 to do the work. He was as good as his word and duly turned up at 215.

Such a nice guy so thanks for the recommendation - I will happily use him again and plan to get the units serviced by him on a regular basis.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Glad you found "Mr Cool" goes the extra mile!!We have used him for years an cannot fault him!! He spotted a small leak from our water softener (I had not noticed it) and without saying a word went off to get a fitting from the then Izi and repaired it without charge! Remarkable.

Pickwick
PhilT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by PhilT »

To add to the accolades, Telmo installed a/c in my RB property bedrooms at the beginning of the year. Superbly clean, took the trouble to meet me when out and take me through the install, and a real gentleman