Pool area and home furnishings

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Janette
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Pool area and home furnishings

Post by Janette »

Hi
I am new to the forum having just purchased a lovely property in CVO. Although nothing needs doing to the property I would like to make the pool area more pleasing to the eye, its all patio and pool! Any suggestions as to where I can look for ideas. Also where are there some good shops for vases, ornaments etc. Thanks :D
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Pool area and home furnishings

Post by laserblazer »

If you go to Alcantarilha there's a row of stores by Aldi. The one at the top sells all sorts of nice stuff. I'm sure someone will tell you the name. Leroy Merlin has loads of stuff and in the adjacent retail park is Conforama and another place can't remember the name of.
wedgepat
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by wedgepat »

The shop in Alcantanhla is called Casa.
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

O Gato Preto/The Black Cat in Algarve Shopping and Aqua in Portimao have some nice things for the house.
There are lots of independent shops around selling garden/patio furniture, but tend to be expensive. Enjoy your searching.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

A place on the Fatacil estate, straight over the roundabout opposite Aldi and it's on the left hand side, Dutch lady, very tasty, very sweet. :D
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

Here is a map of DIY, Home & Garden Stores + Supermarkets where you can buy just about anything.

MAP
Janette
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Janette »

Thanks for your help guys, looking forward to coming over in a weeks time to do some shopping! :D
Lowthian
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Lowthian »

We recently bought furniture from Solgarve in Lagoa & got good service from them, they do indoor & outdoor furniture.
http://www.solgarve.com/shop/outdoor_lo ... unbeds.htm
pointersister
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pointersister »

Janette wrote:Thanks for your help guys, looking forward to coming over in a weeks time to do some shopping! :D
Enjoy your shopping this is the exciting time when you buy a new home. Wishing you lots of happy times there.
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

pato wrote:A place on the Fatacil estate, straight over the roundabout opposite Aldi and it's on the left hand side, Dutch lady, very tasty, very sweet. :D
You tart pato. I can vouch for that shop. We just purchased a commercial size umbrella and new table. You can see the from the main road but have to access from about 100mts from Fatacil, near the roundabout. It's called Solgarve. If you know where Aldi is there is a roundabout heading out of Cvo, with a turning on the right just before Aldi. Head down there and the roundabout near fatacil is at the end. Go across that roundabout to the end of the cul de sac. 8)
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

LICY wrote:
pato wrote:A place on the Fatacil estate, straight over the roundabout opposite Aldi and it's on the left hand side, Dutch lady, very tasty, very sweet. :D
You tart pato. I can vouch for that shop. We just purchased a commercial size umbrella and new table. You can see the from the main road but have to access from about 100mts from Fatacil, near the roundabout. It's called Solgarve. If you know where Aldi is there is a roundabout heading out of Cvo, with a turning on the right just before Aldi. Head down there and the roundabout near fatacil is at the end. Go across that roundabout to the end of the cul de sac. 8)
???
LICY
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by LICY »

CS I am rubbish at explaining, but I know where it is. If you know the turning near Aldi which would be on your right, it takes you toward Fatacil, a roundabout and various shops, such as the bathroom shop, the tile shop, the paint shop, Sulcave, Top Shower and so on. You have 2 cul de sacs, I believe, at the end is the garden and house furniture shop with the Dutch couple. It's called Solgarve and can also be seen from the main road.