Changes to the reporting of letting income

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
snowbirds
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Changes to the reporting of letting income

Post by snowbirds »

The deadline is December 26, 2014. Your fiscal rep can complete the business registration process, which requires a form "inicio de actividade" to be completed, and it is submitted together with a copy of your AL license. Then you can use an accountant to take on the monthly reporting and year end tax return responsibilities. Or, you can use a company such as Sovereign as your fiscal rep and for monthly reporting, etc.
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

Or, you can use a company such as Sovereign as your fiscal rep and for monthly reporting, etc.
Thanks. That's the plan, I wasn't sure how much time there was.
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

A notice from the Camara advising of the need to do this was issued with my water bill this month. I assume that it has been enclosed with every bill. Unfortunately if you don't know what is being referred to it won't make much sense and non resident owners will need to rely on their managers being on the ball.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

steve wrote:A notice from the Camara advising of the need to do this was issued with my water bill this month. I assume that it has been enclosed with every bill. Unfortunately if you don't know what is being referred to it won't make much sense and non resident owners will need to rely on their managers being on the ball.
I received it today, interesting that they have chosen to use the water bill as the means of identification? What if you have a bore hole & fossa ?
bazza
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by bazza »

All boreholes should be registered by law so working on the fact everyone needs water they probably have it covered.
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

Seems a sensible move by the Camara to me. The action need to be taken by late December. Water bills are going out at the beginning of December. No additional postage charges.
Mexican Pete
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Mexican Pete »

Oh dear! This:

http://hometeamportugal.com/alojamento- ... continues/

is not very encouraging, but not a surprise either.
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by biffa »

Th electronic system is not set up yet as far as we know however the council should still accept the hard copies The "get out" clause in the law is shown under Artigo 31 (2) which basically says that if the digital platform doesn't work you should submit to the council in paper format. :)
Polli62
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Polli62 »

Just found this in Algarvedailynews from AFPOP if its of interest to anyone http://algarvedailynews.com/news/4174-l ... nce-update. Sorry if info has been posted previously.
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by biffa »

The "deadline" to register the start of business activity (inicio de actividade) and supply a copy of that registration to the council in respect of property that already has an AL is 14th January as the 30 days period granted only considers working days and not weekends or holidays.

For those without an AL, it is hoped that the online registration system will soon be adapted to permit non Portuguese nationals to submit the application.
WEK
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by WEK »

Thought I had finally solved this problem. I registered on time and completed certificate returned from Lisbon to my Lawyer. All I have to do according to Lawyer is within 48 hours of tenant arriving let her have date of arrival and departure, mailing address of renter, total amount paid and copy of their passport. All very simple until I ask renter to scan me copy of passport which many do not like doing. Does anybody know way of getting around this, is passport information sufficient without scanned copy? You can do this when booking airline ticket.
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Alison »

I think you just need passport number, not the whole scanned copy. That is all we have had to supply so far.

No doubt they will dream up another bit of bureaucracy soon!
Polli62
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Polli62 »

Here is some info re reporting your foreign guests to SEF: http://hometeamportugal.com/compulsory- ... ng-to-sef/
mug
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by mug »

Can anyone give me any further info please?
I've just received an email from Sovereign offering to undertake the reporting requirements to SEF - and its come as total "news" to me!
Also as we aren't Portuguese Residents but come to our 2nd home for at least 3 months each year do we need to "report" ourselves??
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

I was under the impression that you could only pay tax in one European country, paying in the UK in the top 40% bracket am I paying too much and can I claim a refund? :roll: