Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Moderators: e-richard, kteee, Gambrinus
I have some money to transfer and have only be given the IBAN number. The online transfer facility on my bank account requires the NIB. I see on my account that the IBAN and NIB are similar, so can I work out the NIB from the IBAN? Is it simply dropping the PT50 at the front.?
- CVO Oracle
- Posts: 6214
- Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:11 am
- Location: Worcestershire and QdP
I do a regular transfer and the BIN number is the same as the IBAN but without the PT50, so presumably so.
- CVO Master
- Posts: 1033
- Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:59 pm
- Location: Dorset & Carvoeiro
PT50 is simply the country code, bit like a dialling code
- CVO Legend
- Posts: 2354
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:13 pm
- Location: Kidderminster uk + Solferias
Return to Property owners forum / Portugal living.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests