rainfall

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: rainfall

Post by EMM »

We can,t wait to see the difference that this winters excessive rainfall will make to the way the Algarve will look this Spring.

I think that we will see a landscape so green with wild flowers such as have not been seen for years.

Martin , as some one who actually LIVES in the Algarve your observations are of far more relevance than some.
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

Remember well,when we first moved out to Algarve...I thought I'd arrived in paradise :)
There had been quite a lot of rain....but everywhere one looked the place was alive with Almond blossom...and the Bermuda buttercup (little yellow flower) was sprawling everywhere, even encroaching on the highways..and our first sight of the workshops in the lemon orchard, even there the bermuda buttercup was growing,
after leaving behind an England still in the clutches of winter, it was superb..Ill never forget it..hope we'll soon be back and in Portugal's warm sun again, and to see all it's beauty...mmm sighhh
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Overheard in a bar in Carvoeiro tonight:

"If it never rains again, there is enough water in the reservoirs to last until the end of this year in the Algarve"

Don't shoot the messenger !
martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

from 4.2.10 until today another one inch and three quarters of rain
completecarvoeiro
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by completecarvoeiro »

I dont have a job,i retired 10 years ago & have lived here for the same time,its just that i find your posts about rainfall shall we say a little boring now.............
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Okay well don't read them.
My mother used to say, if you can't say something nice, shut up and I think that applies to you frequently
redford
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by redford »

completecarvoeiro wrote:I dont have a job,i retired 10 years ago & have lived here for the same time,its just that i find your posts about rainfall shall we say a little boring now.............
As you are permanently living there you may well do, I would suggest that this topic is not posted for your benefit?? For those of us in the UK it is nice to be kept in touch with the weather conditions in PT which this winter appear to have been quite unusual??

Thanks for the information, please keep the posts coming.
completecarvoeiro
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by completecarvoeiro »

And my mother says,dont suffer fools or "get a life",Good advice i think............
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by shanagarry »

Hey 'completecarvoeiro'

It's an English (not-British) thing - talking about the weather - it keeps them occupied :lol:

I don't know or care what Nationality you are - just leave them alone - they are happy and contented in their own simple world. If per-chance you are English and have left these shores for good - perhaps it's time you got yourself something to do that inspires you because reading the posts on this blog are not working for you :wink:

Lighten-up my friend and get out more :D
martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

for those who are "bored" then dont bother reading the next lines

since monday another 2 inches of rain, thus according to my maths since xmas day we have now had 17 inches of rain

I know we had an inch and half in sept plus a few other odd days and a lot just before xmas which I did not record, so we surely are now well over the average rainfall amount for the year
fmm
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by fmm »

i had 1 inch of standing water on my balcony before I left to come back to the UK - had to ram the handle of a wooden spoon into the drainage hole which was blocked - lucky I was there as it was just beginning to approach the level of the sill. Lucky that downstairs have a large canopy which directed the torrent straight into the road!
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by biffa »

As Martin is quiet I can report that .............it's still raining!
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:? Why did we choose this winter to do some work outside??? we now have a large muddy area around the barbecue and the pool, should have been lovely new tiles and Calcada..... :cry:
Anyone any good at a 'sun dance' ???? :roll:
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Have been dancing for weeks but it just won't stop raining.

According to the forecast it's going to keep raining for at least the next ten days !!!!
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

It will rain on and off until the 12th March, when it will disappear for a week then return. :lol: :lol: