Carvoeiro's new 40 mtr military com tower

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
halj
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Carvoeiro's new 40 mtr military com tower

Post by halj »

I'm pleased to be able to report that the legal bill incurred in fighting off the ill-considered and baffling proposal to build a communications tower in ADM has now been paid and I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to to those who contributed to our legal fund. It has been a distressing and costly experience and I'd like to think this is the end of it - except for the fact that the area around the water reservoir has been disfigured so badly it will take a long time before it begins to improve.

Does anyone have any information as to whether Lagoa Camara has any firm plans to clean up the mess?
melville
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by melville »

It seems that hardly anyone has noticed that the Câmara have done it again, this time they waited for the day before the June 8th public holiday, and put the tower up in less than 6 hours.
It is located in an area which is a designated ecological reserve, on the road out of Carvoeiro, just past the Hotel Tivoli, and sticks out there like a sore thumb.

Once again, no consultation, no signs on the property, just ruin the view and property values of all who live in the area, not to mention what these things do to your health.
How do they get away with it?!
I guess it's because few of us can afford expensive lawyers to stop them.
Tower closer.jpg
Tower closer.jpg (35.32 KiB) Viewed 3075 times
One little tower ground level.jpg
One little tower ground level.jpg (19.55 KiB) Viewed 3075 times
Silki
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Silki »

It is right on the main road within the land surrounding the old pottery shop and in front of the apartments at Vale do Covo, a real eyesore and in direct view of those villas at Areia dos Moinhos lying on the righthand side of the development as you enter from Carvoeiro. Does anyone know whether this is the same type as was destined for Areia dos Moinhos? Perhaps we should find out what its function is and whether it is harmful to health etc. This is a reasonably populated area and if the tower was also unsuitable for the land near the lighthouse (where the population is much less) then its siting is also unsuitable, near to the Tivoli Hotel, Palm Gardens etc. However, a repeat of a huge lawyers bill is also not to be recommended!
Maybe someone can throw some light on this for us all.
Silki
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

Looks like a phone mast to me, like that on the roof of the solferios hotel. (They have several types on their roof ). From the photo posted does not look anywhere as high as 40 metres.(140 ft)