Community Tax

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.

Community Tax

Post by Guest »

:(

Can anyone tell us when the local community tax is apyable and collected? We understand that there has been changes to the system and we are not sure how this will work and how it is paid?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Post by Guest »

Are you off shore owned or a private owner, if you are off shore. The implications are quite wide reaching and if you pay no Portuguese tax at the moment could cost you dear! ie your villa. The whole system is in a bit of a turmoil at the moment and YOU really need to seek advice.

Community Tax

Post by Guest »

It is offshore and it is registered with the Portugeuse authorities. As I understand the new scheme has been ratified and will take effect this tax year but we have heard very little more than that . Is it still being debated and are there likely to be further changes in the structure of the system? :cry:
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Sisa, rates etc

Post by biffa »

See new Financial Section for latest info.

Offshore owned homes SHOULD have been charged rates at 2% of the rateable value this year but inexplicably almost all demands have come in at the old percentages.
Message is - let's wait and see how new prposed changes affect us all, offshore or otherwise

Post by Guest »

Thx Biffa....

Do you know when the demands were sent out as we have not seen anything ?
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

Municipal Tax

Post by biffa »

Demands have been drifting out to owners for about 3 weeks now. You should have had yours. I suggest you pop to your local tax office and ask as it may be there. Ask for a 2ª via (duplicate) and pay up there and then.

Good luck!

Post by Guest »

Our management deals with this and I would have thought yours has as well?
kteee

Post by kteee »

Our management has sorted ours out too - we have just reimbursed them.