BBC and SKy Cards

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Guest 3

BBC and SKy Cards

Post by Guest 3 »

What is the situation now? Has ITV 1 Ch4 and 5 gone. Do BBC digital cards still work?
Gazza

Post by Gazza »

BBC free to view service has definately finished. Can anyone suggest an alternative method of receiving UK channels in Portugal via dish and digibox?
:o
Ranger
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Ranger »

Hi Gazza,
I have a Sky Box, with a viewing card. The card costs me £38 per month, and I get all the channels you asked about, including Sky Sports, and most of the film channels. I pay by s/o from my UK account, and if a new card is issued, Sky have my son's address, who sends it on to me. I am not sure if you can get a box here, as I brought mine with me, but possibly a friend could get one for you. Hope this helps.
gazza

Post by gazza »

Thanks Ranger - I have the digibox but will need to order up an additional card. Will have to use a relatives address as I already have SKY registered to my house. Do you have to map the box ID to the card?
kteee

Post by kteee »

Yes, the card and box have to match - you can register 2 cards to each uk address. Contact Cristina at RJ Tecnica in the centro commercial under the chinese on rua do farol for more help, their number is 282 356520.

Post by Guest »

You can and will continue to receive all the ftv channels free of charge but without the channels mentioned above. This will include BBC 1 and 2 and Sky news. Plus all of the radio channels that were there before. There will be no charge for this. If you want to pay 12.95 a month via sky, you can get ITV etc back but who would want to for that price. There is another forum covering this including references to the signal in the Algarve since the satalite changeover in July on www.digitalspy.co.uk If you can't receive a good signal for BBC now but used to, then you need to upgrade either your dish or box or both. The minimum size dish for the Algarve is now 130cm but 120cm will do in the right spot. Hope this helps, Mike, Chislehurst.