Property Insurance

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.

Moderators: e-richard, kteee, Gambrinus

Re: Property Insurance

Postby Striderman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:43 am

Following recent purchase of our property in Carvoeiro, I have just insured 4 bed villa for Buildings and Contents with Schofields Insurance (based in Bolton) on their Holiday Home insurance scheme. Cost was less than £300.00 and there are no restrictive conditions/exclusions in respect of Winter/log burners/security that are found on the Intasure product. I'm an insurance broker by trade and I couldn't place it cheaper myself! :oops:
Striderman
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Postby logicbob » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Striderman wrote:Following recent purchase of our property in Carvoeiro, I have just insured 4 bed villa for Buildings and Contents with Schofields Insurance (based in Bolton) on their Holiday Home insurance scheme. Cost was less than £300.00 and there are no restrictive conditions/exclusions in respect of Winter/log burners/security that are found on the Intasure product. I'm an insurance broker by trade and I couldn't place it cheaper myself! :oops:

Is that including Earth Quake Insurance???
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Postby Striderman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi
Yes Earthquake is included subject to increased excess of £300 and excluding any damage to Pool, Patio and Driveway
Striderman
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Postby widge » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Striderman wrote:Hi
Yes Earthquake is included subject to increased excess of £300 and excluding any damage to Pool, Patio and Driveway

Sounds like earthquake is excluded.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Previous

Return to Property owners forum / Portugal living.