Carvoeiro view from satelite !

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
jkspoff
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Carvoeiro view from satelite !

Post by jkspoff »

Hi all, below is a link to the picture of Carvoeiro taken from satelite, it shows clear detail of the town and beach areas. Wait for it to load as it's 512kb.

http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ite5bi.jpg

If you would like to view more areas around Carvoeiro and the world, follow this link to Google Earth. Broadband connection required.

http://earth.google.com/
nightrider

Re: Carvoeiro view from satelite !

Post by nightrider »

Funny enough Silves is one of the areas which is very clear, we can see our property tog with swimming pool, land driveway etc .

Post by Guest »

If you look at this, ignore the popup which says you have critical errors on your pc. Its an ad for junk software.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

We've already been here 8)

viewtopic.php?t=5867&highlight=
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: Help. are there any computer buffs who can help me, I downloaded the site but at the end when it opened up the home page I got a window saying it couldn't open it, and to check my settings. I am assuming that I have some kind of firewall protection which is not allowing it to open, how do I change this so that I can see the site?? any help gratefully accepted :lol:
nightrider

Post by nightrider »

Lesley Jean,

I am not in anyway computer friendly:-

We have also experienced this problem..try the following:-

Bring up google earth first

Then put it on the bottom bar (task bar)

Then connect to the internet

When booted up correctly

Bring up Google from the bottom task bar.

Let me know if it works for you.
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:cry: I opened it and then minimised it so it went onto the bottom tool bar (is this right??) but it didn't make any difference, I get the page but the sky is just stars and the information bars on the left are all blank. help!
nightrider

Post by nightrider »

Lesley Jean wrote::cry: I opened it and then minimised it so it went onto the bottom tool bar (is this right??) but it didn't make any difference, I get the page but the sky is just stars and the information bars on the left are all blank. help!
Lesly Jean

did you come off the internet first

Post by Guest »

The link at the top here is just a photo, so you should be able to see that ok.
Google earth is a different matter. It isn't going to work on all pc's. If it is more than a couple of years old, you may have problems
nightrider

Post by nightrider »

Lesley Jean,

Guest may have a point ..out of interest let us know if you get in, it will of course help others etc..
nightrider

Post by nightrider »

Anonymous wrote:The link at the top here is just a photo, so you should be able to see that ok.
Google earth is a different matter. It isn't going to work on all pc's. If it is more than a couple of years old, you may have problems
Guest we have new laptops and fairly new desk computer, but we did not receive a photo with your posting?

Post by Guest »

The link is at the top of the page.
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: Hi, yes I logged off first then tried, have just tried again, still can't make it work. Sorry I am so dim when it comes to computers, I am fine with what I need to know anything else goes straight over my head.

My laptop is only about 9 months old so that should not be a problem, I think it must be something to do with my security settings but I have no idea how to change those. :oops:

Post by Guest »

Do you mean you can't see the picture in the link at the top of the page or you can't get Google Earth to work?

If the second then there is help available on the google earth site.
All that advice about the task bar and connecting to the Internet doesn't make much sense. It will eitehr work fine or your computer is not good enough.
You do need broadband.
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: hi guest, I can see the Image shack link no probs, but when I went onto the google.earth site and then dowloaded the free download, all went well untill it tryed to open, I seem to be able to get the home page but then it is just blank and I can't get anything to work. I do have broadband :?