Faro Airport

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Ellie 2
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Faro Airport

Post by Ellie 2 »

Has anyone landed at Faro over the last days? We are due to arrive there in about 10 days time and very concerned about the picture in the Algarve Daily News (article dated 28 August) showing hundreds of people squashed together in the departure hall. Is this what it’s like in arrivals? Any info would help us please.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Faro Airport

Post by Geoff »

I arrived 31 August and it was all good. Easyjet only allowed people to get up and leave a row at a time, which was good. The electronic gates were all shut, but queues at the manned gates were all socially distanced & moved quickly. No problems at all. All looked a bit deserted though!
Ellie 2
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Ellie 2 »

Thank you that’s encouraging as we travel this coming Saturday. Appreciate your reply.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

We arrived late Monday night.

Airport quiet and one way systems in place. A new bank of electronic passport readers are now operational and backed up by staffed kiosks.
No queues, no delays and no problems. Car hire collection at P4 empty.

There is nothing to worry about.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Think its a matter of luck as comments on other social media forums suggest there are problems on arrival and departure, especially at Passport Control. When I landed at Faro, as plane headed for stance, I always had a look at whether or not other flights had arrived and passengers were getting off, that gave an indication on how busy PC was going to be!!
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just to say that leaving Faro today was a breeze...hardly anyone at car return/luggage check in/security/cafe....plane only 25% full, left 15 mins early!
Full marks to Easyjet for ensuring masks and socially-distanced boarding and leaving.
Cold in UK though, can't wait to get back!
stephanie.jane17
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by stephanie.jane17 »

Does anybody know what would happen if you did test positive for covid at the airport?? Would you be cooped up in a hotel room at your own expense for a fortnight or are you allowed to isolate at the private home you are staying at? Thanks.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Does anybody know what would happen if you did test positive for covid at the airport??
There isn't any testing at Faro airport....Bristol Airport apparently had remote temperature gauges on arrival at airport before you could go into the terminal, not that I could see any.

You need to complete a location card prior to arrival in Portugal saying where you will be....but there isn't ( or wasn't) any covid testing.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

A friend arrived in CVO yesterday and wasn’t health checked on arrival at Faro airport. Wasn’t asked for Passenger Locator Form. Only 30 people on Ryanair flight from Edinburgh. Initial impression? Feels safer in CVO than back home as vast majority are adhering to restrictions.
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by madaboutangling »

Came into Faro yesterday and so quick and easy as it was at Luton. Filled in Passenger Locator form at home and gave to cabin staff. Spent first night in Tavira and all wonderful
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by madaboutangling »

In addition to last post, only 20 odd on EJ flight. Not temperature checked at Faro (or at Luton I think), but was at our hotel.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Wasn’t asked for Passenger Locator Form.
...with Easyjet, you had to hand it in before you could leave plane!
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

Nobody seems interested in Passenger Locator Form - I've had 2 trips where nobody collected forms.

I do believe there is a temperature check at Faro. Just after you go through the automatic doors after going through the customs area there are normally 2 people sat behind a desk in front of you looking at a computer screen and if you look up you will see a heat sensing camera just above head height. I've no idea what would happen if they detected a problem.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Latest Govt advice is :

"If you are travelling to Portugal from the UK, the European Area, Australia, Canada, China, Georgia, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia or Uruguay, you will be subject to health screening on arrival at mainland airports and ports. Your temperature will be checked and if it is 38ºc or over or you show signs of being unwell, you will be referred to the health authorities at the airport. You may be required to take a COVID-19 test and to self-isolate at your accommodation until the test results are known."
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just done my locator form for trip 25 October...its online now, but they still want a printed copy, don't see why though!