Canadians concerned about Corona virus

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Steen Jakobsen
Site Admin

Canadians concerned about Corona virus

Post by Steen Jakobsen »

I understand many of our Canadian car visitors are missing information and experience problems organizing their return. Unfortunately I have no particular knowledge of the current situation, but in order for you to get in touch with fellow Canadians, I have made this topic

If you're not already registered as a user you'll need to register (spam post prevention) at ucp.php?mode=register - you'll be asked for a code word "Sun2020" (more spam prevention) in order to register and post.

Please use this topic as needed.
Doreen Hill
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Re: Canadians concerned about Corona virus

Post by Doreen Hill »

How many of us Canadians cannot get home and cannot get any information from our Embassy, Global Affairs or our Airlines and if Portugal goes on Lockdown tomorrow we will all be stuck here for an indefinite period of time. Any suggestions anyone ?????
Lets all get together on line to help each other.

Doreen Hill
Ottawa
Don
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Canadians concerned about Corona virus

Post by Don »

Hi Doreen, hope you are doing ok.

We left CVO very early Monday morning to get a flight booked last minute from Lisbon to Halifax via Boston. We weren’t allowed on that flight as non-US citizens and booked another one via Germany before switching again to a flight to London tomorrow evening and on to Canada on Friday. We just don’t know if TAP will get us to London.

If you can get a flight home on a Canadian airline, it’s recommended, but I wouldn’t go to the airports in Faro or Lisbon just hoping to get a flight. If we don’t get on this flight to London tomorrow we will likely return to the condo we still have rented in CVO.

Let me know what’s happening at your end. Take care,

Don McLeod