Big Will

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY

Moderators: kteee, Gambrinus, e-richard

Elfie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Big Will

Post by Elfie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Does anybody know how Big Will is? I heard he had a broken leg after being punched by a drunken Brit and wondered if anyone knew whether this is true?

djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Big Will

Post by djprescott » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 am

Hope this is not true but it there does seem to be more trouble happening in there more recently.

destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:49 pm

Sorry to bump this but does anyone have an update on the situation with Will? If this story is true it's a great shame, and there will be a lot of people from a lot of countries sending Will their best wishes.

destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:55 pm

I’ve been here for two weeks, returning home tomorrow. Bumped into Will for the first time last night. Story seems to be that a British or Irish man, known to Will, caused some bother in Roundup. When Will took it up with him outside the bloke turned on him and knocked him down. I was told the chap was pumped up on steroids. Anyway, Will broke his knee but, a few weeks later he had some issues with slurred speech and turned out he’d had a stroke. He seems pretty diminished I’m sorry to say, and was talking about having to take it easy. Very sad - Roundup isn’t everyone’s style, and maybe Will isn’t either, but l’ve enjoyed our occasional visits over the years, and Will always brought a smile.
On another point, the couple who have run the Roundup’s karaoke for some years will be finishing at the end of this season.

PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Like Destroyer very rarely go to Roundup,however the occasions when we visited we have always had a good night.Will never fails to speak to us as we pass by great bloke,we both hope he get's better very soon.

alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:08 am

We were in the Roundup on Thursday night & Wil came in looking ok & he got up on the karaoke etc.

smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:53 am

Saw him in Tony’s last week having brunch. Seemed in good form given the chat with his pal and table next to him. When he walked away he seemed to move OK.