Shop at Rocha Brava

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Shop at Rocha Brava

Post by ceh »

Does anytone know what time the shop at the entrance to RB closes at this time of year? I want to pick up some milk when we arrive next week. Otherwise, what time the small shop by Bella Napoli closes? Thanks
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Shop at Rocha Brava

Post by bruce »

I was told it was 9pm.
I think Intermarche is open until 9.30pm, we have also used the small supermarket on the in road, behind Hemingway’s.
Algarve Eagle
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Algarve Eagle »

My strategy is to buy milk airside at Gatwick (Boots or WH Smith usually have some) and bring it in my hand luggage.
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

Idid that once and it exploded in my bag dur to cabin presuare
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

bruce wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:48 am I was told it was 9pm.
I think Intermarche is open until 9.30pm, we have also used the small supermarket on the in road, behind Hemingway’s.
The supermarket on the in road behind Hemingway’s is closing. No new stock, running down current store. Owner retiring but son apparently taking over but shop will shut for several months before re-opening.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

smudger wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:25 pm
bruce wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:48 am I was told it was 9pm.
The supermarket on the in road behind Hemingway’s is closing. No new stock, running down current store. Owner retiring but son apparently taking over but shop will shut for several months before re-opening.
Pasted shop the other day. Someone was knocking lumps out of brickwork! Didn’t look like there was any power, lights were off.