SUNGLASSES

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

SUNGLASSES

Post by njc0607 »

Ok,
so I am looking for anew pair of quality Sunglasses, and visited the shop in CVO where they sell some high end brands such as Rayban…. I particularly liked a model...
however I have read that these are not "real" as someone bought a pair, took it to an optician back in the uk for repair, upon which he was told they were "fake" sunglasses...
I have looked on Raybans website for official dealers, and the only one that comes up, is in Portimao -

So , my question is:-

is that shop in CVO a genuine dealer or not ? has anyone else had any experience with them at all ?

thanks
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: SUNGLASSES

Post by roy4eyes »

Yes there are a lot of fake Raybans around so only buy from an authorised agent.

Having said that, you are paying for the name with Rayban - there are superior, cheaper versions around.

If you are interested I stock top quality sunglasses at €75 which retail at £95 in U.K. because I have the Iberian agency.

Sorry if this is considered by some to be advertising but this is helpful advice.

Please contact me by P.M. with your e-mail and I will send you directions.
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

Hi..

PM sent.

I googled the best UV protector lenses - as in 100% protection, and certain Rayban models offer this and I liked the style etc.
I am only interested in top quality lenses, not the name/brand.

looking forward to receiving the info

thanks
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

P.M. sent.
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

I think that the shop should be reported for selling fake Raybans especially if they are selling them as genuine. You can buy fakes at most of the markets if you want fakes.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

I totally agree Alf but there are two major problems - the Portuguese (and many other countries) do not consider it to be of high priority and it is sometimes difficult without special analysing equipment to separate the fakes from the genuine article.

Some even have the CE (Chinese example ?) European quality mark engraved and so the only way to be sure is to go to an authorised agent for a particular brand or to a registered optometrist/optician who could be struck off for selling inferior and potentially harmful products.