Chicken George - closed?

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
carolyn
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Chicken George - closed?

Post by carolyn »

I have seen on another forum that Chicken George has closed down due to Georges ill health. Can anyone confirm this?
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Chicken George - closed?

Post by bruce »

My friend was over at Easter and told me George’s sister told her he is not well and maybe not re-open.
Last edited by bruce on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
margaretm
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by margaretm »

That’s a shame , we were looking forward to visiting Chicken George whilst on holiday this year. If anyone sees George or his sister please wish him well . We’ve had some great times there over the years though latterly the restaurant has been very quiet. Last September when we went we were greeted with clouds of black smoke coming from the kitchen and a very heated argument between George and his sister. Clearly there had been a malfunction in the kitchen !!
Belfastblue
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Belfastblue »

Hi

We were over in July and I am pleased to say Chicken George was open for business and was as good as ever - George had spent a few months in hospital due to a fall but is now mobile with the aid of a stick. We took some friends for the Chicken George experience and its safe to say they enjoyed the Basil Fawlty type evening.